After losing its No. 1 spot on YouTube’s top 10 list of video ads in June, Supercell’s “Clash of Clans” reclaimed its lead in August.
The video game is no stranger to the top 10 list, but dropped from No. 1 in May to No. 10 in June, and then didn’t make the July leaderboard. Now back at No. 1, “Clash of Clans” knocked Apple’s spot for the iPhone 7 to No. 2 after it ranked No. 1 in July.
BuzzFeed Video pulled two brands into the top 10 — Thrivent and Volcano Bay — with sponsored videos at No. 9 and No. 10.
While YouTube usually shares video view counts around their top 10 ads, the site didn’t release any numbers for last month’s leaderboard.
YouTube Top 10 Ads in August
1. Clash of Clans: The Giant’s Surprise
2. Apple: iPhone 7 Featuring Dwayne Johnson
3. Adidas: ORIGINAL Is Never Finished
4. Samsung: Galaxy 8 Official Introduction
5. Lenovo: Presenting Lenovo K8 Note
6. Android: Android Oreo | Open Wonder
7. Honda: One OK Rock
8. Beats by Dre: Conor McGregor | Dedicated #AboveTheNoise
9. BuzzFeed Video & Thrivent: Students See The Cost of College In Ping-Pong Balls
10. BuzzFeed Video & Volcano Bay: Adults Face Their Fear of Heights
An abbreviated version of the No. 4 ad from Samsung ranked No. 1 on a special edition leaderboard from YouTube, ranking the top 20 bumper ads for the year — the first-ever ranking of six-second spots from brands.
About The Author
Amy Gesenhues is Third Door Media’s General Assignment Reporter, covering the latest news and updates for Marketing Land and Search Engine Land. From 2009 to 2012, she was an award-winning syndicated columnist for a number of daily newspapers from New York to Texas. With more than ten years of marketing management experience, she has contributed to a variety of traditional and online publications, including MarketingProfs.com, SoftwareCEO.com, and Sales and Marketing Management Magazine. Read more of Amy’s articles.