Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Competitive analysis: Making your auction insights work for you
Sep 18, 2017 by Amy Bishop
Columnist Amy Bishop shares tips for identifying actionable takeaways from your AdWords auction insights data.
- Are you ready to evolve beyond marketing automation in the next era of B2B marketing?
Sep 18, 2017 by Scott Vaughan
Columnist Scott Vaughan says marketing automation’s “teenage years” are resulting in some soul-searching for B2B marketers and the leading marketing automation providers.
- 2017 Email Marketing Industry Report: What’s driving today’s marketers?
Sep 18, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
As marketers, we navigate an ever-changing landscape of channels, trends and strategies to be successful — and email marketing is at the center of it all. Emma surveyed 200 marketers and interviewed over 25 industry leaders to learn what makes today’s marketers tick. What do they care about? What are they concerned about? What are […]
- Why the C-suite loves loyalty
Sep 18, 2017 by Evan Magliocca
Contributor Evan Magliocca discusses the benefits of loyalty and why increasingly leadership is pointing to it as a means to know customer health, show stability and keep investors happy.
- To mobile consumers, impatience is a virtue: How the on-demand economy is reshaping micro-moments
Sep 18, 2017 by Brian Solis
Today’s highly connected consumers expect instant gratification. Contributor Brian Solis explains how brands can gain a competitive advantage by optimizing mobile experiences to deliver real-time value to these customers.
- For Staples, it’s no longer just about office supplies
Sep 18, 2017 by Barry Levine
These days, even the place where you get printer ink and paper clips — or smartphones — wants more. It wants a relationship.
- Thunder boosts personalization and performance following Adacus acquisition
Sep 18, 2017 by Barry Levine
The creative production platform now offers what it says are unique capabilities in creative multitouch attribution, post-bid contextual personalization and cross-device identification.
- Gab.ai sues Google after removal from Play store for hate-speech violations
Sep 16, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Social network created as ‘safe space for the alt-right’ claims Google abused its market power.
- Facebook yanks education, employment, field of study and job title targeting after advertiser selects ‘Jew hater’ and ‘NaziParty’
Sep 15, 2017 by Tim Peterson
A ProPublica report has revealed the perils of relying on an unchecked algorithm and self-reported user data.
- Amazon vs. search: Why you shouldn’t put too many eggs in one shopping basket
Sep 15, 2017 by Purna Virji
Where should retail marketers focus most of their time and effort: search or Amazon? Columnist Purna Virji shares data from an analysis of shopper behavior and the findings may surprise you.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Google Has Spent Over $1.1 Billion on Self-Driving Tech, IEEE Spectrum
- Facebook handed Russia-linked ads over to Mueller under search warrant, CNN Money
- Twitter says a now-fixed bug allowed ad campaigns to target users with derogatory terms, TechCrunch
- Calling All Content Creators: Here are 10 Ways to Maximize Your Motivation, Movable Ink Blog
- How to Use Your Content Marketing Strategy to Write a Book, Content Marketing Institute
- One Ridiculously Easy Way to Enhance the Power of Your Blog Posts, Copyblogger
- Confessions of a fashion marketer: Amazon’s hurting brands, Digiday
- New study: What Brands Need to Know About Omnichannel Marketing and Location, Multichannel Merchant
- What Is Ecommerce Automation? The Future of Scaling, Shopify Plus
- 11 Holiday Email Templates for Small Businesses & Nonprofits, Constant Contact
- 4 Pointers for Holiday Email Marketing in 2017, Practical Ecommerce
- 9 Inspiring Sign Up Form Ideas to Grow Your Email List, AWeber Communications
General Internet Marketing
- Apple responds to ad group’s criticism of Safari cookie blocking, Loop Insight
- The GDPR Clock Is Ticking: Here’s How to Get on the Road to Compliance, CMS Wire
Internet Marketing Industry
- Nearly Half of Millennials Prefer Sales Outreach Via Social Media, According to Bambu, PR Web
- Radial Reveals New Solutions to Make eCommerce Profitable Again, PR Newswire
- 72 hours in Shanghai in a parallel martech universe, Chief Marketing Technologist
- Artificial Intelligence Secrets Revealed: 3 Impacts for Digital Marketers, Small Biz Trends
- Discovering Growth in the Mobile World, Facebook for Business
- Facebook CPMs Increase 171% In 2017 [Report], The AdStage Blog
- How Social Media Paid Ads Can Boost Blog Post Promotion, The Blog Herald
- Small brands are finding it harder to get verified on Instagram, Digiday
- What Facebook Watch Will Mean for Marketers, Kiss Metrics
- Instagram now autoplays video sound once turned on until you close the app, TechCrunch
- Choosing an Explainer Video Production Company: A Complete Guide, MarketingProfs
- Google is serving ads in YouTube Red – even though it promises not to, The Next Web
About The Author
Amy Gesenhues is Third Door Media’s General Assignment Reporter, covering the latest news and updates for Marketing Land and Search Engine Land. From 2009 to 2012, she was an award-winning syndicated columnist for a number of daily newspapers from New York to Texas. With more than ten years of marketing management experience, she has contributed to a variety of traditional and online publications, including MarketingProfs.com, SoftwareCEO.com, and Sales and Marketing Management Magazine. Read more of Amy’s articles.