Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- How much is a happy customer worth?
Mar 24, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Call it corny, but today’s marketers really need to create an emotional connection with their customers. Why? Because today’s customer is much more receptive to positive brand experience. A new Lithium/Harris poll finds that US consumers will spend one-third of their disposable incomes with brands they love.
- SMX West: What Google’s exact match changes mean for AdWords advertisers [Podcast]
Mar 24, 2017 by Matt McGee
In this week’s Marketing Land Live, listen in to clips from the “flash session” at SMX West as our panel answered audience questions about Google’s dilution of exact match keywords.
- Beware these 7 sneaky PPC attribution tricks
Mar 24, 2017 by Andrew Goodman
You may think you’re hitting your conversion goals, but columnist Andrew Goodman warns that faulty attribution can lead to inaccurate or misleading performance data.
- Taboola & The Trade Desk now offer a single interface for native ads, video ads
Mar 24, 2017 by Barry Levine
The content discovery service takes another step toward making video a standard part of its repertoire.
- This new AI-powered social marketing tool can predict engagement or write the post for you
Mar 24, 2017 by Barry Levine
Called Pi and launching this week from startup Post Intelligence, it uses a neural network to build a custom model for each user’s patterns.
- I love pay-for-performance SEO — but I won’t do it. Here’s why.
Mar 24, 2017 by Stoney deGeyter
Even though pay-for-performance may sound great in theory, contributor Stoney deGeyter says the reality is that the marketing provider ends up getting burned.
- OUTFRONT Media CMO says her job is to keep moving the ball down the field
Mar 24, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Get to Know: OUTFRONT Media CMO Jodi Senese
- 4 advanced targeting strategies for B2B marketers
Mar 24, 2017 by Jessica Cameron
Columnist Jessica Cameron explains how understanding specific audience segments can help you engage with your B2B audience across all stages of the buying process.
- Twitter explores paid subscription version of TweetDeck as ad biz struggles
Mar 23, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Twitter doesn’t currently make money from people who use its ad-free TweetDeck app, but soon it might.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Affiliate Customer Insights Offers a Competitive Edge, Conversant Blog
- Discover the Value of the Affiliate Shopper, Conversant Blog
- 5 Actionable Tips and Tools for Content Marketing, SEM Rush
- 5 Mistakes Businesses Make When Conducting a Content Audit, Duct Tape Marketing
- 7 Promotion Tactics to Get Your Content Noticed, Content Marketing Institute
- Creating Breakthrough Content Marketing: There Ain’t No Magic Feather, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- How ABM can Drive your Content Marketing Strategy, MarTech Advisor
- Increase Your Conversions With These CRO Tips, Authority Labs
- The Fundamentals to Building a Successful eCommerce Business From Scratch, Jeff Bullas
- UK Shoppers Uninspired by Mother’s Day Options, eMarketer
- What Amazon Can Teach You About Online to Offline Success, Small Biz Trends
- Email Design Trends: Past, Present, Future, MarketingProfs
- How to Fill Seats in Your Restaurant With Email Marketing, Constant Contact
- St. Patrick’s Day 2017 Email Report: Read Rates on the Rise, Movable Ink Blog
General Internet Marketing
- How Does An Influencer Marketing Network Work?, MediaKix
- The 6 Values (and 4 Benefits) of Agile Marketing, Moz
- Why Omnichannel Marketing Helps You Build a Better Brand, CMS Wire
- Will Digital OOH Ad Spending Beat Social Media Spend in 2017?, CMS Wire
Internet Marketing Industry
- AppsFlyer Launches Pivot, A New Analysis Tool Aimed at Repealing and Replacing Marketers’ Reliance on Excel, Market Wired
- Hire the Right Marketing Automation Team, or Pay the Price, Convince and Convert
- THE HACKIES: Rapid prototyping & MVP development are key to martech success, Chief Marketing Technologist
- Why the Creative Director of the Future Stands at the Crossroads of Marketing, Tech, Product, and Ads, Street Fight
- ‘Accessibility and usability’: Why brands are turning to SMS bots, Digiday
- 5 Tips for Creating a Successful Mobile App, Social Media Explorer
- Facebook Messenger Marketing: What Marketers Need to Know, Social Media Examiner
- How Snapchat Raised the Bar for Brands on Mobile, Adweek
- Mobile: Going Beyond Conversions, Search Engine People
- The secret to being a MobileBest brand, Tune
- 5 Strategies to Achieve Better Brand Recognition, CMS Wire
- Brand Safety Is An Old Problem, And It’s Getting Worse, AdExchanger
- For Marketers, a Brand Safety Wake-Up Call, eMarketer
- 6 reasons why Snapchat Discover has so much viral sameness, Digiday
- 6 Ways I Use Facebook Ad Targeting, Jon Loomer Digital
- Aw, Snap: What You Need to Know about Snapchat for Business, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- Facebook finally tests a GIF button for comments, TechCrunch
- Twitter Android, Web Users Can Now Specify Time Periods for Muted Content, Adweek
- As YouTube Faces Criticism Over Ad Placement, TV Networks Vow Not to Repeat Its Mistakes, Adweek
- Behaviors, Emotions, Moments: A New Way to Target Audiences, AdAge
- Enjoy your personal concert with VR videos on YouTube, Official YouTube Blog
- Facebook Video Changes – What to Expect, 3Q Digital
- Marketers Halting YouTube Buys Puts Pressure on Media Shops, AdAge
- More than 60% of Mobile Short Video App Users in China Are Women, eMarketer
- The Top 9 YouTube User Statistics Marketers Must Know, MediaKix
- Top Facebook Marketing Partner Comments On Facebook’s Newest Video Ad Format, The Blog Herald
About The Author