Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Amazon adds 50 brands to Dash program, making 250+ products now available via Dash Buttons
Jan 25, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
In addition to new Dash brands, Amazon launched “virtual” Dash buttons last week on its site and app.
- Facebook’s Trending updates deemphasize personalization and leverage publishers
Jan 25, 2017 by Tamar Weinberg
Facebook’s Trending stories are focusing more on regional interest stories governed by discussion from multiple publishers.
- What does Medium.com’s profit model pivot say about the future of online advertising?
Jan 25, 2017 by Megan Hannay
One of the most prominent startups in the online publishing space pivoted from its current ad model, saying publishing is “a broken system.” Is this a genius move? Or is it misplaced hope? Contributor Megan Hannay takes a look at what it means for marketers and online publications.
- Welcome, 2017! Some bold martech predictions for the year ahead
Jan 25, 2017 by James Green
What’s in store for the martech space this year? From exciting innovations to potentially troublesome developments, columnist James Green discusses the trends that will dominate 2017.
- Attention search marketers: ALL keywords are branded keywords!
Jan 25, 2017 by Larry Kim
Columnist Larry Kim explains how brand affinity impacts both paid and organic search performance — and how you can use this information to bolster your SEO and PPC campaigns.
- GoDaddy returns to Super Bowl with teaser ads riffing on viral cat videos & sneezing pandas
Jan 25, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
After sitting out last year, GoDaddy is returning as a Super Bowl LI advertiser and focusing the campaign on its new product launch for GoCentral.
- Aprimo gets back on its feet with first major platform update since Teradata spinoff
Jan 25, 2017 by Barry Levine
The Chicago-based company sees itself as the only standalone, independent, end-to-end provider of marketing operations management.
- Time’s Viant buys ad tech veteran Adelphic, creating ‘first DSP owned and operated by a people-based marketer’
Jan 25, 2017 by Barry Levine
With its database of a billion registered users worldwide, Viant is now ready to challenge the kings of people-based advertising: Google and Facebook.
- Why B2B marketers should care about whitelisting
Jan 25, 2017 by Peter Isaacson
As advertisers grapple with fake news and hate speech, blacklisting the sites they want to stay away from isn’t enough. Columnist Peter Isaacson explains why “whitelisting” is more effective for B2B marketers.
- Is ignoring user experience killing your SEO effectiveness?
Jan 24, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
“How SEO + UX Can Thrive Together,” from Noble Studios, describes how to bring together these two seemingly disparate elements of your marketing strategy so that you’re not only optimizing pages for the almighty Google, but for your customers as well.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 25+ Tips for WordPress Blogging Professionals, www.wpexplorer.com
- How To Make Time To Grow A Successful Blog When You Have A Full-Time Job, www.problogger.net
- Snapchat Is in Talks for Big Ad Deals Ahead of IPO, www.wsj.com
- 4 Go-To Types of Educational Content for B2B Brands, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 5 Big Content Marketing Strategy Trends to Know This Year, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How Mars Takes a Bite Out of Content Marketing, adage.com
- How to Create Best-Answer Content: 6 Inspiring Examples, www.toprankblog.com
- What is Content Marketing?, smallbiztrends.com
- What Type of Content Marketing Gets the Most Social Shares, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Low Conversion Rates? Your Copy Could Be to Blame, blog.kissmetrics.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Using Caching (and Hardware) to Improve Page Speed, www.practicalecommerce.com
- What makes a good chatbot UX?, econsultancy.com
- Celebrity cybersquatting to feature in Super Bowl commercial, domainincite.com
- Someone Bought AlternativeFacts.com and Is Oddly Redirecting Traffic to NYT’s Story, www.adweek.com
- 10 Groundbreaking eCommerce Trends to Watch Out for in 2017, www.jeffbullas.com
- 5 essential e-commerce tools for consumer research, www.internetretailer.com
- Amazon is now facilitating sea freight shipments, www.theverge.com
- Easy Marketing Investments to Improve Your E-Commerce Store, moz.com
- How online marketplaces police products and sellers on their sites, www.internetretailer.com
- Personalizing E-Commerce Website Elements: What Consumers Want, www.marketingprofs.com
- Deliverability Best Practices Every Email Marketer Should Follow, movableink.com
- How to Make It Easier to Read Your Emails, blogs.constantcontact.com
- The Escape Game’s brilliant email strategy, myemma.com
- With newsletters hot, monetization strategies bloom, digiday.com
General Internet Marketing
- Down. Set. HUT! Yahoo Teams Up With Pizza Hut to Launch Squares Pick’em for the Big Game, yahoo.tumblr.com
- Everything a marketer needs to know about CDPs. Wait, what’s a CDP?, chiefmartec.com
- What Brands Need to Know About Gen Z to Reach the New Generation of Consumers, www.adweek.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Lexalytics® Unveils Magic Machines™ AI Labs to Drive Innovation in Building and Managing Artificial Intelligence, PR Web
- Outward Inc. Introduces Transformative Visual Merchandising Platform for Retailers, PR Newswire
- Ve Interactive launches self-service platform for start-ups and growing brands to solve abandonment, www.prnewswire.com
- YesPath Launches Account Rooms to Bring AI-Powered Collaboration to Enterprise Selling, www.marketwired.com
- Building Blocks: Jonathan Copulsky, Senior Partner & Global Insights Leader at Deloitte Talks Marketing Tech, www.martechadvisor.com
- Chatbots for Business in 2017, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Why a PepsiCo Exec Became an AdTech Entrepreneur, www.cmswire.com
- 3 Local Inbound Marketing Tips To Target Desirable Postcodes, www.webpresence.tv
- 51% of retailers say they conduct user research on mobile sites, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Apple Watch will soon let you talk to Siri to use your apps, techcrunch.com
- Latest Android Wear 2.0 preview delivers better iOS support, www.engadget.com
- Translating luxury in mobile, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- WhatsApp Adds Offline Message Queueing to iOS App, www.adweek.com
- Why Developing a “Near Me” Strategy Has Become Critical for Local Marketers, streetfightmag.com
- Mark Zuckerberg doesn’t need to run for public office – he already holds one, qz.com
- What’s New On The Yahoo Homepage, yahoo.tumblr.com
- Amazon, WordPress Most Trusted Brands with Small Businesses, Alignable Reports, smallbiztrends.com
- #NastyWoman: Inside the spread of feminist merchandise on Instagram, digiday.com
- 20 Pros Reveal What Makes a Perfect Twitter Marketing Strategy, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 3 Helpful Tools to Help You Monitor Your Social Media Accounts, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- 5 Most Engaging Movie Pages on Facebook in 2016, www.socialbakers.com
- 5 Snapchat Metrics to Improve Your Snapchat Marketing, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Creating Crave on Instagram, blog.business.instagram.com
- Facebook, Snapchat Deals w/ News Outlets Show Meager Results, adage.com
- How to Build the Best Social Media Dream Team (3 Steps), blog.marketo.com
- Social Media Manager: 10 Important Skills and Traits for 2017, blog.bufferapp.com
- Three Tips to Make the Most of the LinkedIn Desktop Redesign, blog.linkedin.com
- Will Facebook miss the opportunity for cordless live television?, venturebeat.com
- How to Use Video in the Entire Buyer’s Journey & Sales Funnel, www.marketingprofs.com
- Live Video Streaming in Japan Yet to Catch On, www.emarketer.com
- Marketing to Gen Xers? Here’s What They’re Watching on YouTube, www.thinkwithgoogle.com
- Most People Want to Be Rewarded After Watching an Ad Online, www.emarketer.com
- The Live Blog: January 24, 2017, media.fb.com
- The Small Business Guide on How to Create Simple Branded Videos, blog.crazyegg.com
- Tubular Labs Announces 2016 #VideoAces Awards – Are You a Winner?, tubularinsights.com
- What Google’s Removal Of Third-Party Pixels On YouTube Means For Marketers, adexchanger.com
About The Author