Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Empyr debuts ultimate performance marketing model: ‘cost per revenue’
May 9, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Retailers and merchants pay a percentage of actual sales, which is shared between the company, publishers and consumers.
- Amazon undercuts Walmart’s free shipping minimum — dropping order amount to $25
May 9, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
After lowering the free shipping minimum to $35 in February to match Walmart, Amazon has dropped the minimum once again for non-Prime members.
- Capturing ‘made in the USA’ searches: Strategies for building awareness and sales
May 9, 2017 by Dianna Huff
Columnist Dianna Huff continues her three-part series on US-made product marketing with recommendations for public relations, link building, content marketing and social media engagement.
- 3 tactics we’re using for Answer Boxes
May 9, 2017 by Brian Patterson
The featured snippet (answer box) that sometimes appears at the top of the SERPs is a coveted spot for marketers, but how can you get your content there? Columnist Brian Patterson has some tips.
- 7 steps to help you prepare for a marketing cloud/email service provider transition
May 9, 2017 by Jose Cebrian
Is the prospect of moving to a new cloud or email service provider daunting? Columnist Jose Cebrian shares tips to help you prepare for and implement the new technology to ensure it goes smoothly.
- Wendy’s gives #NuggsForCarter a year of free nuggets for getting the most retweets ever
May 9, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
In just over a month, Carter Wilkerson’s tweet asking Wendy’s for free nuggets has earned 3.42 million retweets, surpassing Ellen’s Oscar tweet.
- Snapchat copies Instagram’s Boomerang with looping snaps
May 9, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Videos in Snapchat Stories can now play on a loop, and photos can stay on screen indefinitely.
- Three ways to put your valuable email data to work
May 9, 2017 by Eric Stahl
From using AI to thinking cross-channel, contributor Eric Stahl shares how you can take advantage of data to step up your email marketing efforts.
- Pinterest’s object-recognizing Lens feature now scans QR codes, too
May 9, 2017 by Tim Peterson
It’s funny to be talking about QR codes in 2017. But Pinterest making it more likely that people will scan a QR code to open a web page is a serious move.
- Call for entries: The 2017 Search Engine Land Awards
May 9, 2017 by Marketing Land
The 3rd annual competition for the highest honors in search marketing is now open for entries! Entry period closes July 31, 2017. Get started gathering your client data and preparing your materials for submission today.
- Social shopping: How to use social media analytics to quantify purchase intent
May 9, 2017 by Ben Cockerell
With millions of consumers talking about their shopping experiences on social channels, columnist Ben Cockerell explains why social media insights are necessary for measuring purchase intent.
- Amazon introduces ‘Echo Show,’ a new Alexa device with a screen that can make calls
May 9, 2017 by Greg Sterling
New device will cost $229 and be available on June 28.
- Up close with Facebook’s Frame Studio
May 9, 2017 by Danny Sullivan
Facebook Frames are easy to make and share with a brand’s followers. But restrictions on logos and trademark usage are an issue.
- Track, Qualify & Convert Your Leads: Using Call and SMS Data to Drive New Customers
May 8, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Voice search now accounts for 20% of queries on Google’s mobile app and Android devices. Inbound call volume is continuing to increase even as messaging apps and chatbots become more popular. Facebook expects 37 billion call conversions by 2019, as social media’s share of mobile calls to businesses explodes.
- Facebook Lead Ads just got a whole lot more useful with offline conversion data
May 8, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The new Offline Conversion solution aims to help advertisers tie Lead Ads to downstream conversion activity.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 11 Visual Storytelling Tools and How They’ll Help Your Content Marketing, Convince and Convert
- 6 Programs to Improve Your Content, CopyPressed
- B2B Content Marketing Strategy for the Skeptical CEO, Pushing Social
- Gated vs. Non-Gated Content: Why, How and When?, Vertical Measures
- How Are Marketers Capitalizing on Content Personalization?, KoMarketing
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 3 Ways to Quickly Compare Your Website with Your Competitors, Search Engine Journal
- A Handy List of Resources for Picking the Perfect Website Color Palette, Crazy Egg
- How to Become a Great Copywriter, Copyblogger
- 5 Fails of Redesigning Your Ecommerce Website, Multichannel Merchant
- Improving Ecommerce Experiences with Customer Context, CMS Wire
- The latest tactic by Amazon (AMZN) to bait Prime customers: live gigs by Blondie and Texas, Quartz
- What Amazon’s sales tax decision means for e-commerce businesses, Retail Dive
- 21 Email Marketing Statistics That Will Make You Rethink Email Marketing, Jeff Bullas
- 6 Ways to Get Your Subject Line Noticed, Movable Ink Blog
- How marketers are innovating with email in 2017, Econsultancy
- How to Build Powerful Synergy Between Your Content and Email Marketing, Constant Contact Blogs
- How to Improve on 122% ROI – Here’s a Look at Email Opportunities, MarTech Advisor
- Three Reasons Why I Deleted Your Mass Email, Fast Company
- When it comes to consumer data, email reigns supreme, Digiday
General Internet Marketing
- 10 Insider Tips On How To Become a Global Influencer, Jeff Bullas
- 10 Tips for Establishing Yourself as an Influence Marketer, Small Biz Trends
- 5 of the biggest challenges facing today’s marketers, My Emma
- How-to: Develop Your ABM Cross-Channel Campaign, 3Q Digital
- The Top 4 Influencer Marketing Campaign Mistakes To Avoid, MediaKix
- Your Big Brand is Already Doing Influencer Marketing, Whether You Realize it or Not, Mack Collier
Internet Marketing Industry
- Evergage SVP of Partnerships and Corporate Development, Evergage
- Integral Ad Science Widens Brand Safety Solution for Global Reach, Integral Ad Science
- Radius Delivers Omnichannel Marketing to B2B Organizations with New Integrations, Radius
- Sharethrough Partners with BrightRoll DSP for Programmatic Native, Native Advertising
- SimilarWeb Appoints Stephen Kraus as New Chief of Insights, PR Newswire
- Sitecore® Cloud Accelerates Contextual Marketing on Microsoft® Azure, Sitecore
- Swiftpage and Act Today Announce Partnership, Act
- Trusted Media Brands Unveils New Digital Video Study, Trusted Media Brands
- How Ad Tech And Mar Tech Will Come Together (Or Not), AdExchanger
- Facebook Messenger Chat Extensions Are Here, Adweek
- For Heineken, With Ads of 6 Seconds, Facebook Is a Mobile ‘Billboard’, eMarketer
- Mobile ad fraud: what 24 billion clicks on 700 ad networks reveal, Tune
- The Best Way to Reach Millennials in 2017: On Their Phones, MarketingProfs
- 5 Helpful Tips to Inspire Employee Advocacy on Social Media, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- 5 Metrics That Helped Snapchat Change the Narrative About Its Lack of Data, Adweek
- A Step-By-Step Guide To Gaining Quality Leads From Social Media, Jeff Bullas
- Facebook Is Using AI To Make Language Translation Much Faster, Fast Company
- Instagram Bots: A Quick Resource Guide For Marketers, MediaKix
- LinkedIn Matched Audiences: A Remarketing Guide for LinkedIn, Social Media Examiner
- Snapchat Needs A UX Makeover, But Not For The Reason You Think, Usability Geek
- Snapchat’s new eraser lets you “Photoshop” stuff out of photos, TechCrunch
- Tips for Building and Maintaining Social Media Influence, MarTech Advisor
- AR visionaries learn to cope with the limits of today’s tech, VentureBeat
- Are Facebook’s Recent Changes to Videos Affecting Its User Experience?, Adweek
- How to Create Useful How-To Video Content: Essential Toolbox, Content Marketing Institute
- How YouTube Red Laid the Groundwork for Google’s Huge Ad-Supported Videos Initiative, Adweek
- The Power of Using Video to Show the Buyer’s Journey, The Sales Lion
- What Brands Can Learn From Educational Content on YouTube, Think with Google
- Worldwide Social Video Ad Spending Levels Off (for Now), eMarketer
- YouTube Live: The Ultimate Brand Guide to Live-streaming on YouTube, Tubular Insights
About The Author