Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Amazon beta testing Influencer Program aimed exclusively at social media bigwigs
Apr 3, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Amazon says the the program is designed for, “… social media influencers with large followings and a high frequency of posts with shoppable content.”
- Start thinking now about how to tug at the heartstrings of your holiday shoppers
Apr 3, 2017 by Giovanni Strocchi
It’s never too early to start planning your holiday marketing strategy. Contributor Giovanni Strocchi takes a look at how marketers can boost brand loyalty and sales by tapping into consumers’ emotions.
- Google Customer Reviews launches, replacing Google Trusted Stores program
Apr 3, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The new program, accessible through Google Merchant Center, sheds the consumer protection piece of Trusted Stores.
- Join us for SMX Advanced! Register now & save $500.
Apr 3, 2017 by Marketing Land
The most sophisticated search marketers in the world are registering for SMX Advanced June 12–14 for: 30+ paid search, SEO, analytics, mobile and social media sessions and keynotes featuring proven, actionable tactics.
- 39 questions with Google at SMX West
Apr 3, 2017 by Eric Enge
Ever wanted to hear answers to your SEO questions straight from the mouths of Googlers? Columnist Eric Enge recaps a session from SMX West where audience members were able to ask Google anything.
- The newest addition to the marketing mix’s Ps: Proximity
Apr 3, 2017 by Brian Smith
Columnist Brian Smith explains the impact of proximity on local searches and provides advice for how marketers can make it work for them.
- The marketing automation generation: Fulfilling the mandate for customer life cycle marketing
Apr 3, 2017 by Scott Vaughan
B2B marketing automation specialists have become skilled at generating qualified leads from inquiries, but columnist Scott Vaughn believes that to be most effective, they need to expand their view and consider the entire customer life cycle.
- Businesses can now request customer locations within Twitter Direct Messages
Apr 3, 2017 by Greg Finn
Brands on Twitter can now address issues more quickly and help local customers by requesting their location in a Direct Message.
- Getting the most bang for your buck: 11 CRO opportunities
Apr 3, 2017 by Amy Bishop
Stumped on ways to improve your conversion rate? Columnist Amy Bishop has you covered — see her column for inspiration and actionable tips!
- [Reminder] Live webinar – Content Attribution: Identifying content that converts
Apr 3, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Content may be a critical part of your marketing toolkit, but do you know how it performs against your business goals? With content attribution, marketers can identify and double-down on the best performing content assets to generate a lift in conversion rates.
- ISPs and mobile carriers vow not to sell user browsing histories — for now
Apr 3, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Companies may uphold higher privacy standard than the law requires to avoid further brand-trust erosion.
- Pinterest gets a new venue for its search ads with Samsung Galaxy S8 integration of Lens
Apr 3, 2017 by Barry Levine
The image-searching Lens software, introduced last month, is now embedded in the newest Samsung smartphone.
- Apple News goes from walled garden to ‘well-lit garden’ with third-party measurement
Apr 3, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The move comes against the backdrop of growing advertiser demand for outside measurement.
- Countering header bidding, Google drops its ‘last look’ advantage
Apr 3, 2017 by Barry Levine
The ad giant opens a beta version of its Exchange Bidding in Dynamic Allocation.
- Why some brands are letting Amazon handle their e-commerce operations
Apr 3, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
With Amazon dominating online sales in the US, some brands and manufacturers are rethinking the role of the website.
- Yes, I want to take care of your spam problem for you
Apr 3, 2017 by Brian Massey
In the fight against spam, CAPTCHA is here to help — but what’s the toll on your conversion rate? Columnist Brian Massey discusses the drawbacks of CAPTCHA and offers some user-friendly alternatives.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- The Most Important Metric in Retail? Happiness, CMS Wire
- YouTube Video SEO Essentials: 5 Metrics You Need to Track, The Sales Lion
Blogs & Blogging
- 6 Tips to Get Started With Selling on Your Blog, The Blog Herald
- Blog Optimization Strategies: How We Optimize For 40K Traffic, Search Engine People
- Can Livestreaming Replace Blogging? One Fashion Influencer Says No, Small Biz Trends
- If You Truly Value Blog Comments, You Have to Show Up, Danny Brown
- Why Medium is the Best Marketing For Your Blog, Problogger
- 3 Practical Ways Artificial Intelligence Can Enhance Marketing Creativity Right Now, Adweek
- AOL and Yahoo will become Oath after merger closes, Business Insider
- Twitter’s head of Asia Pacific is leaving the company after 4.5 years, TechCrunch
- 7 Content Marketing Tasks You Must Get Right Before Your Competitors Do, Pushing Social
- B2B Buyers’ Content Habits and Preferences, MarketingProfs
- Editorial Calendar Templates, Content Marketing Institute
- How to Optimize Content for Both Search and Social (Plus, a Headline Hack that Strikes the Balance), Copyblogger
- Is Written Content Dead?, Problogger
- The 4 Ways to Fix Your Broken Content Marketing and Social Media, Buffer Blog
- The Difference Between Content and Content Marketing, Content Marketing Institute
- The Unbounce Conversion Benchmark Report: Average Conversion Rates by Industry and Expert Recommendations, Unbounce
- Chinese buy another 200,000 .VIP domain names, Domain Name Wire
- ICANN reveals $500 million gTLD buyback program, Domain Incite
- Amazon Cash makes it easier to shop on Amazon without a debit or credit card, The Verge
- Amazon Vendor Central Vs. Seller Central (Questions Answered), Ignite Visibility
- Be a Sherpa: Guiding Loyalty Through Consumer Experiences, Multichannel Merchant
- Marketing in India: Ecommerce Sector Still Feeling the Fallout from Demonetization, eMarketer
- Overcoming the Growing Pains of High-Volume Ecommerce: Is Now the Time to Replatform?, Shopify Plus
- 9 subject lines that stood out in a crowded inbox, My Emma
- Proofreading: Your 14-Point Email Copy Checklist, Movable Ink Blog
- The Email Blast is Dead: How to Connect with Your Audience, AWeber Communications
General Internet Marketing
- 3 Essentials for an Effective Account-Based Marketing Program, Marketo
- Branding: What You Should Know, Compukol
- Go Small or Go Home: Microinfluencers Are Crushing It, AdAge
- Strategic Visual Marketing and 7 Ways To Beat Competition, SEM Rush
Internet Marketing Industry
- Krush Technologies Licenses Videology Platform to Offer Advertisers Cross-Screen Access to Its Unique Millennial Audience, PR Newswire
- Monetate Launches Next-Generation Personalization Engine, Business Wire
- Thunderhead Partners With Merkle, Real Wire
- Visualize, Drive and Optimize Customer Experiences with Teradata’s Customer Journey Solution, Teradata
- Wpromote Expands Geographic Reach & Capabilities Through Acquisition of Prime Visibility, Business Wire
- AdTech + AI Reality Check: We Need Less Artificiality, More Real Products, CMS Wire
- Simcity is the Model for Implementing your Martech Stack, MarTech Advisor
- What do you get when you mix ABM, CDP, AI, VR, and a massive martech landscape?, Chief Marketing Technologist
- 6 Tips for Success in SMS Marketing, Search Engine Journal
- App Store Cleanup Continues – 50,000 Apps at Risk, Appfigures Blog
- Introducing the Mobile Sites certification, for web developers, Google Developers Blog
- The Key to Better Mobile Search Marketing Results: 10 Quick Tips, Jeff Bullas
- Comcast, AT&T, and Verizon say you shouldn’t worry about gutting of internet privacy rules, The Verge
- Android overtakes Windows for first time, StatCounter Global Stats
- Can trust in the news be repaired? Facebook, Craig Newmark, Mozilla and others are spending $14 million to try, Poynter
- 10 Hot Trends on Social Media Right Now for Main Street Store Owners, Small Biz Trends
- 10 Tips to Increase Sales on Instagram, Search Engine Journal
- 5 Steps To Master Facebook Projections NOT Predictions, PPC Hero
- Choosing the Right Social Media Network for your Business, Multichannel Merchant
- How to Use Facebook Stories for Marketing, Social Media Examiner
- Instagram Global Stories Campaign Juxtaposes Epic and Silly, AdAge
- Introducing the News Integrity Initiative, Facebook Media
- Now Accepting 2017 FbStart Apps of the Year Award Submission, Facebook for Developers
- Pinterest Opened a Detroit Office to Court the Auto Industry, Adweek
- Social Promotion Scheduling: Why Social Promotion Is Never One and Done, Stone Temple
- Twitter: It’s Not Just for Breakfast Anymore, Social Media Explorer
- Why Marketers Shouldn’t Believe Instagram, Snapchat Are Equal for Influencers, Adweek
- Facebook Video Takes on Youtube, Ignite Visibility
- How The Enthusiast Network Became the Top Auto-related Video Content Brand in the US, Tubular Insights
- YouTube Feels the Ad Squeeze and Now Its Creators Do Too, AdAge
About The Author