Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Salesforce opens its Einstein AI layer to all customers
Mar 8, 2017 by Matt McGee
Spring product announcements also include launch of new Einstein Vision platform with image recognition capabilities for developers.
- Bot-to-bot marketing is coming soon. Are you ready?
Mar 8, 2017 by Barry Levine
Martech’s future isn’t only about bots and agents talking to consumers. Here’s what it means when they start talking to other bots and agents.
- Hyundai tops a Super Bowl-heavy list of YouTube’s most popular ads from February
Mar 8, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Of the 10 most-watched YouTube ads last month, nine were Super Bowl spots.
- 3 free AdWords testing tools to adopt today
Mar 8, 2017 by Todd Saunders
Columnist Todd Saunders discusses the importance of data-fueled decision-making with regard to ad copy and suggests a few tools to help you test and optimize your search ads.
- Building your marketing technology team? Bring them to MarTech.
Mar 8, 2017 by Marketing Land
Collaborating is powerful. Harmonized teams produce superior outcomes for their organizations. That’s why you should bring your entire team to MarTech, May 9-11 in San Francisco, CA. You’ll get strategies, insights and be introduced to marketing technology solutions that accelerate your organization’s digital transformation and customers’ experiences.
- Why you need to get back to SEO basics
Mar 8, 2017 by Ryan Shelley
You can be well-versed on all the latest SEO trends, but columnist Ryan Shelley notes that you need to get the fundamentals down first.
- There’s still time to feed your search marketing obsession @ SMX West
Mar 8, 2017 by Marketing Land
We’re just 2 weeks away from Search Engine Land’s SMX West, the premier marketing conference for search obsessed professionals! What’s in it for you! Join us March 21-23 for more than 100 dynamic and authoritative speakers, keynotes, exceptional networking (including our featured Google Dance!) and more.
- The art of quick qualification: Use these 4 tips for more meaningful trade show conversations
Mar 8, 2017 by Polly Alluf
Whether you’re a trade show veteran or attending your first event, contributor Polly Alluf’s tips will help you engage with attendees and make a connection.
- MEC’s Noah Mallin: For advertisers, Snapchat has ‘tremendous promise’ [Podcast]
Mar 8, 2017 by Matt McGee
In this week’s Marketing Land Live, marketing exec Noah Mallin explains how Snapchat is starting to pull its advertising products together in a coherent way and why he thinks Netflix may ultimately be a better comparison than Facebook and Twitter.
- Study: Google Home has more answers than Amazon Echo
Mar 8, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Stone Temple Consulting asked both devices 5,000 questions to see which one is smarter. Google Home won, but how much does it matter?
- Three must-read Account-Based Marketing trends for 2017
Mar 7, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Data-driven Account-Based Marketing (ABM) is creating a digital revolution and rewriting the rules of B2B marketing as we know them. In this ebook from Oracle, you’ll learn how programmatic media is dramatically improving the scale, automation and impact of ABM efforts.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Chartbeat Founder Tony Haile on the Future of Content Measurement, Contently
- Loyalty Programs and Data Analytics, Multichannel Marketer
- Marketers Want Better Measurement, Attribution Models, CMS Wire
- Raise Your Marketing Metrics IQ With Key Performance Indicators, MarketingProfs
Blogs & Blogging
- 9 Brilliant Tactics to Promote Your Blog Content on Facebook, Content Marketing Institute
- How to reboot your blog after a long break, Cornwall SEO
- Ten Simple Ways to Improve Any Blog Post in Minutes, Problogger
- What Kind of Content Does Your Business’s Blog Need?, CopyPressed
- Facebook Raided LinkedIn to Fill Its Chief Accounting Officer Spot, Adweek
- Google is acquiring data science community Kaggle, TechCrunch
- Pinterest acquires Jelly, the crowdsourced Q&A startup from Biz Stone, TechCrunch
- Short vs Long Form Content: The Truth about Content Length, Small Biz Trends
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 27 bold UX & design features from disruptive retail brands, Econsultancy
- How to Perfect Your Content User’s Experience, Duct Tape Marketing
Display & Contextual Advertising
- GoDaddy Comments on Uniregistry Price Increase, Domain Investing
- How much it costs to run a domain name registry, Domain Name Wire
- 4 reasons why Amazon Dash still doesn’t deliver the goods, Retail Dive
- Ecommerce for the 2020 Generation, Multichannel Marketer
- 5 Types of Emails Your Association Should Be Sending, Overit Blog
- 6 most popular email templates for small businesses, VerticalResponse
- How MailChimp Uses Data to Make Their Email Service Irresistible, Kiss Metrics
- How to Keep Your Business Competitive With Email Marketing, Constant Contact
General Internet Marketing
- Big Brands Embrace International Women’s Day, AdAge
- Luxury brands should get influencer marketing right, Mobile Commerce Daily
- The 10 Millennial Marketing Statistics Every CMO Must Know, MediaKix
Internet Marketing Industry
- CallRail Launches SMS Tracking for Easy-to-Analyze Marketing Campaigns, PR Web
- CloudCraze Secures $20 Million in Funding, CloudCraze
- Cloudflare Announces Ampersand, the First Open AMP Cache, to Give Publishers More Control of their Mobile-Optimized Content, Globe Newswire
- IDG Launches Pipeline Activator, IDG
- InMoment Launches Discover, a First-of-its-Kind CX Intelligence Tool, Business Wire
- Localytics Acquires Tapglue to Help Enterprises Improve Mobile Engagement, PR Newswire
- Qualtrics’ Groundbreaking Experience Management Launch Makes It Possible for Organizations to Close, PR Newswire
- Swiftpage Launches Leading eCommerce Connections for Act! Subscribers, Act
- Taboola Expands Its Offering to Mobile App Recommendations, Now Enabling App Marketers Such as Match.com to Promote and Measure Downloads, and Performance, Business Wire
- 20+ Best Ad Management Plugins for WordPress in 2017, WPExplorer
- 6 of 14 rules for marketing like a billion-dollar martech unicorn, Chief Marketing Technologist
- AI is about to change the digital advertising landscape forever, Econsultancy
- Can your Marketing Automation Stack Propel your ABM Efforts?, MarTech Advisor
- How Big Is Your Marketing Stack?, Contently
- Investment in Marketing Technology Increasing, eMarketer
- Making the Case for Identity Management Technology, eMarketer
- Marketers Cautious About Emerging Tech Investments, Bynder Says, CMS Wire
- Why Machine Learning Is a Game-Changer for Social Media Managers, Adweek
- Choosing a mobile experience: 4 examples to help you decide, 3Q Digital
- Embedded vs. Interstitial Mobile Ad Effectiveness: A Neurometric Study, MarketingProfs
- Mobile Drives Digital Ad Spending in China, eMarketer
- More Than a Third of UK Ad Spend Going Mobile in 2017, eMarketer
- #SheInspiresMe: Celebrating International Women’s Day, Twitter
- 7 Ways to Find Your Target Audience on Twitter, Simply Measured
- 8 Important Questions Your Social Media Marketing Strategy Must Answer, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- Boosting Your Reach With Facebook Lookalike Audiences, Clix Marketing PPC Blog
- Evolution of Facebook Advertising, Bamboo Blog
- How one viral publisher uses Facebook groups to grow big numbers, Digiday
- How to Boost Your Brand Identity With Instagram, Constant Contact
- Surprising Stats on Every Generation’s Social Media Habits, Small Biz Trends
- Think Like a Television Network to Create a Winning Social Media Strategy, Convince and Convert
- Users Can Now Place Geotagged Stickers on Instagram Stories, Adweek
- What You Can’t Do On LinkedIn: Hacking LinkedIn and Getting Results, Search Influence
- Facebook debuts its first dedicated virtual reality app, Facebook 360, TechCrunch
- How to Use Video on LinkedIn, Social Media Examiner
- How Top YouTubers Became Today’s Biggest Celebrities, MediaKix
- Vimeo Is Adding 360-Degree Video Capabilities, Adweek
- What Women Watch: Trends Toward Entrepreneurship, Education, and Empowerment on YouTube, Think with Google
About The Author