Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Building an Amazon Alexa Skill is so easy, Grandma can do it
Jul 21, 2017 by Paul Shapiro
How can you tap into the power of Amazon’s Alexa? Contributor Paul Shapiro walks you through the different types of Alexa Skills you can create and explains how to easily set up a Flash Briefing Skill.
- The name is Bot, Chatbot: How to shake up conversions with stirring conversations
Jul 21, 2017 by Purna Virji
Columnist Purna Virji explains why an AI-driven conversation agent can potentially be the best sales assistant you have, and provides advice for how to plan and implement your own chatbot.
- Comparing content production models: Which is right for your business?
Jul 21, 2017 by Rachel Lindteigen
Columnist Rachel Lindteigen discusses the advantages and disadvantages of the hub-and-spoke model and the skyscraper technique to help you determine which is the best fit for your organization.
- Survey results: Here’s what 376 marketers say is working in online marketing
Jul 21, 2017 by Jayson DeMers
Wondering about the current state of the industry? Columnist Jayson DeMers shares highlights and stats from a recent survey of digital marketers.
- The impact of intermediaries: How brands can close the gap between themselves and consumers
Jul 21, 2017 by Davor Sutija
As millennials and Gen Z shoppers shape the future of retail, contributor Davor Sutija explains why brands need to embrace technologies that will help them keep pace and bridge the digital gap.
- Cloud-computing growth drives Microsoft quarterly earnings beat
Jul 21, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Commercial Cloud revenue run-rate was just under $19B, almost $2B in phone-related losses helped, too.
- Here’s what performance advertisers are saying about Quora’s new ad platform
Jul 21, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Whether they’ve been on the platform for one month or seven, advertiser feedback is strikingly similar: We like the performance — when can we scale?
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Channel Signal C.E.O. on Product Review Analytics, Practical Ecommerce
- Content Marketers: Ditch the Clickbait and Focus on User Needs, CMS Wire
- How to Create Top-of-Funnel Content That Works, Vertical Measures
- The Content Marketer’s Guide to Story Structure, Content Marketing Institute
- Amazon Review “How To”: Easy Steps for Getting More Customer Reviews, Marketing Words Blog
- Does Amazon Compete With Its Own Merchants?, MarketingProfs
- How Microservices Can Transform Omnichannel Retail and Unlock Growth, MarTech Advisor
- The Psychology of Subject Lines: Using Science to Optimize Clicks, Social Media Explorer
General Internet Marketing
- 8 Influencer Strategies for Retail Brands to Boost Sales, Simply Measured
- A Few Good Reasons To Confront Digital Advertising’s Essential Truths, AdExchanger
- Pixability’s CEO Shares New Cause-Related Marketing Research: Why Brands Shouldn’t Be Afraid to Take a Stand, The Official Google Blog
Internet Marketing Industry
- Three New Tools from AWeber to Help You Write Better Marketing Emails for Your Business, Globe Newswire
- comScore Ranks the Top 50 U.S. Digital Media Properties for June 2017, PR Newswire
- TUNE Announces New Fraud Prevention Solution, Empowers Marketers and Ad Partners to Fight Fraud, PR Newswire
- 3 Vendor-Created Barriers to AI Adoption, CMS Wire
- Top Webapps & Tools That All Bloggers Should Learn To Use, The Blog Herald
- What Are the Best Distribution Tools for Content Today?, CopyPressed
- Are You Effectively Filling Your Funnel with Social?, Socialbakers
- Facebook Wants To Prove Its Value In Mixed Media Campaign, AdExchanger
- New Feature Breakdown: LinkedIn’s Matched Audiences Targeting, 3Q Digital
- 11 Cost-Effective Live Video Marketing Ideas, CMS Wire
- How to Create a Facebook Live Show, Social Media Examiner
- The top Facebook video trends of summer, NewsWhip
About The Author