Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Bridging data and action: How to create killer reports
Aug 21, 2017 by Amy Bishop
Are your reports not having the impact you would have hoped? Check out columnist Amy Bishop’s tips and tools below to create powerful, useful reports that drive results.
- What teen fiction can teach you about writing ad copy
Aug 21, 2017 by Allen Finn
What do young adult novels and search ads have in common? More than you might think! Columnist Allen Finn discusses how you can apply the tactics of these novelists to create compelling ad copy.
- Time: Marketers’ most precious resource & ways to maximize it
Aug 21, 2017 by Scott Vaughan
As marketers’ jobs become increasingly fast-paced and 24/7, columnist Scott Vaughan shares four ways to help you overcome the time challenge and meet ever-growing expectations.
- How the Internet of Things changes everything
Aug 21, 2017 by Michael Della Penna
Contributor Michael Della Penna lays out the opportunities and the challenges facing marketers as billions of internet-connected data-producing devices continue to come on line every year.
- Scott Brinker: How the martech landscape fits together
Aug 21, 2017 by Barry Levine
In this “post-platform era,” he says, organizations need to catch up.
- It’s ‘dark matter’ that defines a great CX
Aug 21, 2017 by Brent Sleeper
Some of the best opportunities to improve customer experience lie in the space between well-defined product features. Contributor Brent Sleeper reveals what can be learned from one company’s successful example.
- The holidays hinge on your marketing ecosystem
Aug 21, 2017 by Evan Magliocca
For retailer marketers, the holiday season is already upon us. Contributor Evan Magliocca outlines what you should be doing now to ensure your marketing ecosystem is prepared.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Agile Analytics – The Ultimate Guide, Search Engine People
- Building an Analytical Marketing Framework, MarTech Advisor
- We Need Genuine Customer Experience Metrics, CMS Wire
- Ellen Pao: This Is How Sexism Works in Silicon Valley, The Cut
- Facebook looking into AR glasses, according to patent filing, Mobile Marketer
- Supreme Court asked to nullify the Google trademark, Ars Technica
- 10 brilliant examples of content marketing from beauty brands, Econsultancy
- What do the Solar Eclipse of 2017 and Content Marketing have in common?, The Sales Lion
- Who Would You Add to Your Content Marketing Team?, Content Marketing Institute
- 5 Steps to Successfully Transition from a Blog to an Online Store, The Blog Herald
- CPG retailers are at a crossroads as a new threat rises, Retail Dive
- How to Create Personalized Experiences for Unknown First Time Black Friday/Cyber Monday Mobile Visitors, Shopify Plus
- 15 Practical Email Marketing Tips for E-Commerce (With Real-Life Examples), MarketingProfs
- 3 Types of Email Personalization That Boost Open Rates, Click-Through Rates and Revenue, Movable Ink Blog
- The Game of Thrones Approach for Powerful SaaS Free Trial Emails, Crazy Egg
General Internet Marketing
- How to Master the Omnichannel Experience for Gen Z, Multichannel Merchant
- What is a Brand Ambassador?, Small Biz Trends
- Free tools that will make your life as a digital PR a hell of a lot easier, Branded3
- Struggling With MarTech? Rethink Your Agency Relationship, CMS Wire
- Study: Retail automation market worth $18.9B by 2023, Retail Dive
- How Big Is the Promise of Local AR (And When Can We Expect It)?, Street Fight
- Micro-Moments Now: Why expectations for “right now” are on the rise, Think with Google
- Should companies embrace SMS texting for customer service?, Econsultancy
- Now You Can View Tweets By Topic, Without Having To Make A List, BuzzFeed
- 6 Brands Crushing It with Instagram Stories, Convince and Convert
- All I Want for Christmas is a Facebook Pixel with Product Marketing Manager Ed Lovelock, Facebook for Business
- A marketer’s guide to using 360-degree photos and video on social, Mobile Marketer
- Blur select faces with the updated Blur Faces tool, YouTube Engineering and Developers Blog
- Video series on Facebook are already driving higher engagement, which is a good sign for Facebook Watch, Digiday
About The Author