Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Three ways B2B manufacturers can capitalize on ‘Made in the USA’ searches
Jun 6, 2017 by Dianna Huff
In the third and final installment of her three-part series on marketing American-made products, columnist Dianna Huff discusses how manufacturers can most effectively utilize SEO, SEM and other channels for B2B marketing.
- Focus on these 5 areas to deliver big results in e-commerce SEO
Jun 6, 2017 by Brian Patterson
Need to improve SEO for your large-scale e-commerce site and don’t have the bandwidth to optimize content on a page-by-page basis? Check out these tips from columnist Brian Patterson.
- People-based measurement is the new black
Jun 6, 2017 by Jordan Elkind
Ad tech and CRM are converging, and columnist Jordan Elkind believes the need for people-based measurement has never been greater.
- 95% of online shoppers say a positive return experience drives loyalty [Report]
Jun 6, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Narvar found almost all consumers surveyed would buy again from a retailer if they were satisfied with the return process.
- Revcontent takes first step in its new ‘Truth Initiative’
Jun 6, 2017 by Barry Levine
The content recommendation service says this initiates a new effort to better filter out fake content and fake news sites.
- How to grow your email marketing list without resorting to shortcuts
Jun 6, 2017 by Scott Heimes
How can you grow your email list — without the risk and expense of purchasing one? Columnist Scott Heimes shares three tips to help you increase your email subscriber base.
- Report: 67% of US marketers have paid to promote video on Facebook in past year
Jun 6, 2017 by Tamar Weinberg
A new Animoto survey shows marketers are focused most on Facebook but plan to boost social video investments on YouTube, Twitter and Instagram, too.
- Pinterest’s first US ad campaign spans Times Square, Facebook, Instagram, Mic and New York Times
Jun 6, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Pinterest will run billboards in Times Square, ads on Facebook and Instagram and branded content on Mic’s and The New York Times’s sites.
- Snap acquires Placed to better measure in-app ads to in-store sales
Jun 5, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Placed is able to attribute brand’s digital, TV and out-of-home campaigns to store visits and in-store sales.
- Grow Customer Lifetime Value with People-Based Search Marketing
Jun 5, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Your display advertising targets specific audiences, but what about your search marketing? It’s time to think beyond the keyword, and tailor your PPC campaigns based on who is actually viewing or clicking your ad.
- Apple introduces HomePod: A premium speaker with Siri
Jun 5, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The device will compete with Google Home and Amazon Echo, but Apple is trying to distinguish it with sound quality and privacy features.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 5 Ways Analytics Helps You Win (and Retain) Customers, CMS Wire
- Measuring social media ROI: Case studies & stats that prove it’s possible, Econsultancy
- Social Media Analytics Tips: 7 Ways to Get The Most Out of Your Data, The Buffer Blog
- Amazon, Reddit, the ACLU, and more set net neutrality “day of action”, The Verge
- Pinterest Raises $150 Million at 2015 Share Price, Bloomberg
- How to Create Tons of Good Marketing Content, MarketingProfs
- The Best Content Marketing of May, Contently
- The Future Model for Content Marketing and Media Are Identical, Content Marketing Institute
- UGC: How to Use Customer Reviews in Your Content Marketing Strategy, MarketingProfs
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 3 Advanced Ways to Craft Better Sentences, Copyblogger
- 3 Steps To A Better Classifieds Website, The Blog Herald
- The “Traveler” Rules of WordPress Plugin Management, Problogger
- What to Consider When Purchasing a Web CMS, CMS Wire
Display & Contextual Advertising
- 11 Ways Photos Harm Ecommerce Conversions, Practical Ecommerce
- Amazon offers Prime discount for U.S. customers on government aid, Reuters
- How This Portland-Based Full-Service Shop Makes Ecommerce CEOs Happy, Adweek
- Walmart is testing its own AmazonFresh grocery pickup competitor, The Verge
- Get Your Emails Opened with These 7 Expert Subject Line Tricks, AWeber Communications
- How a Viral Loop on LinkedIn Got Me 76k Email Subscribers in 1 Month, Ahrefs
- Less than 50 Percent of Businesses Use Targeted Email Marketing Techniques, Small Biz Trends
General Internet Marketing
- 5 of the Best Marketing Strategies You Haven’t Tried, Constant Contact
- Confessions of an influencer marketing exec: ‘Micro-influencers are the biggest scam’, Digiday
- How Executive Branding Can Help Your B2B Marketing Efforts, KoMarketing
- Which Industries Spend the Most on Digital Advertising and Why?, eMarketer
Internet Marketing Industry
- ExchangeWire and Lotame Release New Report That Uncovers Geographical Differences in DMP Adoption Among Media Agencies, Market Wired
- PebblePost Appoints David Peterson as Chief Technology Officer, Market Wired
- What’s Sexier Than Machine Learning? Not Much, My Friends, The AdStage Blog
- 8 big brands blazing a trail on mobile in 2017, Retail Dive
- Consumer Device Preference Report: Q1 2017, Movable Ink Blog
- Local Providers Should Take Care in Interpreting Big Mobile Advertising Numbers, Street Fight
- Viewability standards have a gaping hole: mobile apps, Digiday
- 11 Companies That Are Killing It with Their Digital Marketing Campaigns, Convince and Convert
- 3 Ways to Add Facebook Live to Your Marketing Strategy, Social Media Examiner
- 6 Social Media Tactics for Nonprofits, Simply Measured
- B2B & B2C Social Media Marketing Trends: Top Networks & Paid Channels, MarketingProfs
- How Many Times Have Your Friends Liked Your Facebook Posts?, Adweek
- Welcome to the Age of Snapchat, Adweek
- When Will Facebook Find Its Voice?, AdAge
- Write a LinkedIn Message that Will Get a Response, Official LinkedIn Blog
- 50 Facebook Live Best Practices for Stunning Streams, Small Biz Trends
- Brut Shares How They Went From 0 to 80 Million Monthly Video Views In Just Six Months, Facebook Media
- How NBC News cut video load times to under 3 seconds, Digiday
- Making Facebook Live More Accessible With Closed Captions, Facebook Newsroom
About The Author