Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Attend SMX Advanced for SEO & SEM tactics that work. Rates increase next week!
Mar 28, 2017 by Marketing Land
For the past 10 years, search marketers have purchased every available seat for SMX Advanced. This year will be no different. Don’t miss this once-a-year opportunity to attend the only advanced search marketing conference, June 13-14 in Seattle! SMX Advanced is designed and programmed for advanced search marketers like you.
- SMX West session: Harnessing the power of online reviews
Mar 28, 2017 by Greg Gifford
Columnist Greg Gifford recaps a session by Thomas Ballantyne about the value of online reviews, showing why businesses need to start thinking about them if they aren’t already.
- Top 10 insights on local marketing at LSA17
Mar 28, 2017 by Wesley Young
Wesley Young shares expert insights about location marketing and local search from the Local Search Association’s 2017 Annual Conference.
- Preparing for local reach in a ‘post-rank’ world: Get your data in line
Mar 28, 2017 by Megan Hannay
How might voice search impact local businesses? Columnist Megan Hannay shares her predictions and provides some advice on how SMBs can prepare for a future without rankings.
- Pay-per-visit mobile ad model uses AI to predict store visitation
Mar 28, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Blis will charge marketers only for targeted customers who have gone into a store.
- Facebook brings more Snapchat functionality into its mobile app
Mar 28, 2017 by Tamar Weinberg
Facebook has come out with a variety of features to enhance videos and pictures that continue to blur the lines between it and Snapchat.
- IBM’s Watson helps turbocharge Rocket Fuel with more brainpower
Mar 28, 2017 by Barry Levine
The predictive marketing platform adds Watson to its existing AI so as to better understand the content where ads will land.
- Twitter to bring pre-roll ads to Periscope videos
Mar 28, 2017 by Tamar Weinberg
Pre-roll ads will be shown on both live videos and replays.
- Make me an offer: Rating the effectiveness of common email offers
Mar 28, 2017 by Jason Warnock
Free shipping or a percentage off fail to impress these days, so which subject line offers actually work? Columnist Jason Warnock discusses the email offers and messaging that will resonate the most with your subscribers.
- 7 powerful SEO & management tools to make your social media efforts more effective
Mar 28, 2017 by Jordan Kasteler
Looking to give your social media efforts a boost? Columnist Jordan Kasteler shares info about his favorite SEO and management tools so you can add them to your arsenal.
- Header bidding: What marketers need to know
Mar 28, 2017 by Ratko Vidakovic
What is header bidding, and how does it work? Columnist Ratko Vidakovic gets into the nitty-gritty of header bidding and explains the benefits for advertisers.
- Inside chatbots’ year of growing pains: ‘We’re at an inflection point’
Mar 28, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Chatbots in apps like Facebook’s Messenger and Kik have struggled to live up to the hype, but that might actually help them succeed.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Facebook Insights: The Beginner’s Guide to Facebook Analytics, The Buffer Blog
- 4 Content Promotion Strategies to Increase Engagement, Marketo
- 6 Content Marketing Myths for Entrepreneurs, CopyPressed
- 7 Tips for Telling Content Unicorns from Content Donkeys, Small Biz Trends
- Remember the “Why:” How to Inject Forward-Thinking into Your Messaging, Epicosity
- When Can You Expect to See Content Marketing Results?, KoMarketing
- 6 Ways to Increase Soft Conversions Before the Sale, Search Engine Journal
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Everything Is Part Of The User Experience, Usability Geek
- How Outlines Hone Your Content and Improve Your Writing, Convince and Convert
- Rightside changes brand blocking service for new TLDs, Domain Name Wire
- Want a .makeup domain? It will soon cost over $5,000 per year, Domain Name Wire
- Amazon completes its first public US drone delivery, Retail Dive
- Amazon debuts AmazonFresh Pickup, drive-up groceries delivered to your trunk, TechCrunch
- Emerging Trends in eCommerce, Inflow
- It’s Content’s Turn to Lead Ecommerce Innovation, CMS Wire
- 25 Subject Lines That Will Put Spring in your Emails, VerticalResponse
- 4 Crafty, Not Clingy Ways to Personalize Your Emails, Movable Ink Blog
General Internet Marketing
- CMO’s Guide to Customer Journey Marketing, MarTech Advisor
Internet Marketing Industry
- AppsFlyer Launches Pivot, A New Analysis Tool Aimed at Repealing and Replacing Marketers’ Reliance on Excel, Market Wired
- Acxiom and Viant Strengthen Partnership and Integration, Business Wire
- ShopKeep Announces BigCommerce Integration, Business Wire
- Adobe Technology Is Worth the Effort, Marketing Cloud Customers Say, CMS Wire
- How we built our Facebook chatbot: What does it do, and what’s the point?, Econsultancy
- The Difference Between AdTech and MarTech, Digiday
- The Need for MarTech and Business Integration, MarTech Advisor
- I studied the top 500 App Store keywords so you wouldn’t have to, Tune
- Mobile marketers: Getting massive engagement with push notifications, Tune
- Monetizing your mobile app doesn’t have to suck, VentureBeat
- Google Home and Wifi arrive in the UK, The Official Google Blog
- With connected devices, a smarter home is just an “Ok Google” away, The Official Google Blog
- 9 Ways to Refine Your Twitter Ad Targeting, Social Media Examiner
- ¿Hablas Español? Check out our new features for Spanish speakers, Pinterest Blog
- Facebook Ad Benchmarks – CTR, CPC, and CPA – by Industry, MarketingProfs
- How Instagram beat out Snapchat as fashion’s “social darling”, Digiday
- Millennials and College Students Prefer Snapchat to Facebook, Survey Says, Small Biz Trends
- Now people can download your app directly from Pinterest, Pinterest for Business
- Snapchat Wants Big Ad Bucks, But Is That Holding It Back?, AdAge
- The Facebook Ad Type With the Best ROI – The AdStage Blog, The AdStage Blog
- The winners and losers of Facebook’s dive into header bidding, Digiday
- Analysts predict the YouTube ad boycott will cost Google $750 million, Business Insider
- Animaker Introduces First Animated Vertical Video Platform, Small Biz Trends
- Memo to Big Brands: Declare Victory and Advertise on YouTube Again, Tubular Insights
- What Consumers Really Think About YouTube’s Offensive Content Problem and Its Advertisers, Adweek
- Who Wins and Who Loses In YouTube’s Falling Out With Brands, AdAge
- YouTube Videos Losing to Facebook Native Videos, Search Engine Journal
About The Author