Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google My Business website builder SEO review
Jun 28, 2017 by Tony Edward
Google recently released a website builder product for local businesses. Columnist Tony Edward dives in to see how it works and whether it’s worth your time.
- The SEO benefits of developing a solid site structure
Jun 28, 2017 by Ryan Shelley
Columnist Ryan Shelley explains why a good site structure can be highly beneficial for your search engine optimization efforts — and your users.
- An intervention on marketing’s dysfunctional relationship with data
Jun 28, 2017 by Joshua Reynolds
If it feels like you have a dysfunctional relationship with data, you’re not alone. Columnist Joshua Reynolds discusses the data challenges marketers face and offers a step-by-step “relationship tune-up” guide.
- [FIRST LOOK] MarTech agenda is live!
Jun 28, 2017 by Scott Brinker
I’m excited to share the MarTech agenda, featuring more than 30 sessions and presentations from 40 marketing leaders. If you’re passionate about marketing, technology and management practices that deliver business results, then you won’t want to miss this event, October 2-4 in Boston.
- Facebook’s Messenger officially debuts Discover tab to highlight chatbots, businesses
Jun 28, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Messenger’s Discover tab will not include ads but will list businesses and bots a person recently messaged and feature others by popularity and category.
- How to generate B2B leads with LinkedIn’s Sponsored InMail
Jun 28, 2017 by Garrett Mehrguth
If you haven’t been taking advantage of Sponsored InMail, it may be time to hop onboard. Columnist Garrett Mehrguth dives into the ways it can benefit your B2B organization and drive leads.
- SugarCRM launches first product to help provide a ‘full view of customer’
Jun 28, 2017 by Barry Levine
Called Hint, it automatically finds additional data for CRM contacts and is the initial offering in a new Relationship Intelligence line.
- Singular merges with Apsalar to form ‘unified analytics platform’ for mobile
Jun 28, 2017 by Barry Levine
The merger adds Singular’s media and marketing analytics to Apsalar’s attribution and segmenting.
- 10 questions to ask when considering marketing automation software
Jun 27, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
You’ve decided to implement a marketing automation platform…great! This white paper from Sharp Spring details 10 things your agency should seriously consider before signing on the dotted line. Learn about 10 key questions to ask vendors, such as: Do they require long-term contracts or upfront fees?
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Important Affiliate Marketing KPIs, for Mid-year Review, Practical Ecommerce
- The Importance of Pairing Analytics with Engagement, Kiss Metrics
Blogs & Blogging
- A look back at Amazon’s 1997 IPO, TechCrunch
- Amazon has quietly released a customized Kindle just for China – where nobody uses Amazon, Quartz
- Twitter has a new VP of inclusion and diversity, TechCrunch
- 3 Reasons to Use End-to-End Testing in Your Content Marketing Strategy, Crazy Egg
- 90% of Consumers Like Custom Content From Brands, According to a New Time Inc. Study, Adweek
- A Simple Content Marketing Case Study That Works, Convince and Convert
- Content Marketing: 7 Tips for Proofreading and Editing, Practical Ecommerce
- How To Connect With Millennials Using Content Marketing, Jeff Bullas
- More Marketers Look to AI to Help Develop Content Marketing Strategies, eMarketer
- How HotelTonight Lifted Conversions with Live Pricing and Inventory, Movable Ink Blog
- Your Business Needs A Landing Page, And Here’s Why, CopyPressed
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- How to Backup Your WordPress Website, WPExplorer
- Static Site Generators vs. Flat-File CMS: What’s the Difference?, CMS Wire
- .net price increases approved, Domain Incite
- GoDaddy: “Steal a Great Domain Name”, Domain Investing
- Politico takes a look at the Trump domain portfolio, The Domains
- Nike Thought It Didn’t Need Amazon – Then the Ground Shifted, Wall Street Journal
- Study: How in-store, online shopping complement one another, Retail Dive
- 5 tips for writing effective email subject lines, My Emma
- Email Marketing Metrics You Need To Track (and Which You Can Settle Down About), 97th Floor
- Email marketing must be mobile, automated & personalised to deliver ROI, Econsultancy
General Internet Marketing
- Is Your Influencer Marketing Platform an Asset or a Liability?, Adweek
- Report: CMOs See Value in Brand Experience for Marketing Success, KoMarketing
- The CMO’s Guide to Ad Boycotts, AdAge
- The Most Important Branding Element You Are Likely Ignoring, MarketingProfs
- An Unsexy Truth: Emerging Tech Hinges on Local Data, Street Fight
- Four Use Cases of Machine Learning in Marketing, MarTech Advisor
- Twitter’s got ad tech ambitions but current challenges, Digiday
- Here’s How Digital Advertisers Are Using Waze to Connect With People Behind the Wheel, Adweek
- How Brands Can Refine Their Local Marketing Mix to Maximize Results, Street Fight
- Study: 71% of mobile users add emojis and GIFs to messages, Mobile Marketer
- Top 10 Ways Local Business Owners Botch the All-Important Homepage, and How You Can Get Yours Right, Local Visibility System
- Give and get the photos you care about, The Official Google Blog
- ‘There’s nothing to be ashamed about’: How publishers approach buying traffic through Facebook, Digiday
- 4 LinkedIn Mini Case Studies, Social Media Examiner
- Changes to the Conversation endpoints in Graph API, Facebook for Developers
- Facebook B2B Targeting: Company Size Is Not Reliable, Clix Marketing PPC Blog
- Facebook Will Soon Let Brands Target Ads at Entire Families or Specific People Within Households, Adweek
- For small publishers, Facebook is often a force for good – and frustration, Digiday
- Snapchat falls farther behind Instagram with fashion brands, Digiday
- Snapchat now lets you create custom geofilters right in the app, TechCrunch
- Social Media Influencers for Marketing: Where to Find Them & What to Look For, MarketingProfs
- What to Pin to Pinterest in July, Tailwind Blog
- Google unveils Advr, an experimental Area 120 project for advertising in VR, TechCrunch
- Instagram video is soaring for publishers, Digiday
- Live Video Is About Branding – And Acquisition – For Publisher This Old House, AdExchanger
- Videos for Lead Nurturing? They Can Do a Lot More Than You Think, Marketo
About The Author