Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- New for 2017 — Enterprise SEO Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide
Feb 14, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
“Enterprise SEO Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide,” from our sister site, MarTech Today, examines the market for enterprise SEO software platforms and the considerations involved in implementing this software in your business. If you are considering licensing an SEO software tool, this report will help you decide whether you need to.
- Facebook turns sound on by default in videos, debuts TV apps
Feb 14, 2017 by Tim Peterson
By playing videos with the sound on and on people’s TVs, Facebook is upping its push to become a destination for video viewers and video ad dollars.
- 7 tips for small manufacturers thinking about using AdWords
Feb 14, 2017 by Dianna Huff
New to AdWords? Feeling intimidated? In this helpful how-to, columnist Dianna Huff explains how to start small with AdWords so that you can be successful, even if you’ve never done a paid search campaign before.
- Why machine learning is critical to multi-touch attribution
Feb 14, 2017 by Alison Lohse
Columnist Alison Lohse notes that in today’s complex marketing atmosphere, marketers need tools that can quickly and accurately make sense of myriad and disparate data — and machine learning does just that.
- ‘Things to do near me’ SEO
Feb 14, 2017 by Andrew Shotland
Columnist Andrew Shotland takes a look at the “near me” phenomenon and shares data that helps illuminate how to rank for these queries.
- 179 reasons to attend MarTech San Francisco – rates increase next week!
Feb 14, 2017 by Marketing Land
Marketing technology is growing rapidly and the magnitude of the next MarTech conference (San Francisco, May 9-11) keeps pace. This event is doubling in size from just one year ago to provide you with the insights, intelligence and strategies to drive your digital transformation and improve your customer experiences!
- Mobile makes up 21 pct. of online spending in Q4, as digital commerce reaches $109 billion
Feb 14, 2017 by Greg Sterling
But e-commerce totals are much smaller than digital-influenced in-store sales.
- Publishers Clearing House attributes 26 percent revenue lift to header bidding
Feb 14, 2017 by Barry Levine
One of the largest users of people-based marketing, PCH first launched header bidding with the OpenX ad exchange this past summer.
- 4 ways to grow your return on personalization
Feb 14, 2017 by Jim Dicso
Columnist Jim Dicso shares how brands can maximize their personalization efforts and build stronger, lasting customer relationships.
- Ready for GDPR? This white paper points you in the right direction
Feb 14, 2017 by Barry Levine
Here’s a good starting point for learning about what any company with European users needs to consider before May of next year.
- How ads on Google for its own products can impact the prices other advertisers pay
Feb 14, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Just as on a retail shelf, there are only so many spots available on a search result.
- 2017 Hashtag Bowl winners: Congrats To Twitter, Anheuser-Busch & Eggo
Feb 14, 2017 by Matt McGee
We’ve chosen the winners from our sixth annual Hashtag Bowl, honoring the best digital marketing efforts surrounding the big game.
- Brands’ Snapchat viewerships have increased despite Instagram’s rise, per Snaplytics
Feb 14, 2017 by Tim Peterson
In Q4 2016, 55 percent of brands’ Snapchat followers viewed their Stories, and 88 percent of those viewers watched the whole thing.
- Build Your Ultimate Martech Stack
Feb 13, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
It’s not enough to build a martech stack; you’ve got to build the right stack for your organization. Strategy, efficiency, integration and resources all play significant roles in martech stack decisions. Join martech expert Matt Heinz and Act-On’s senior director of marketing services and operations, Linda West, as they discuss the stack-building challenges facing marketers.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- The Science Behind Ecommerce: Affiliate Marketing gets Scientific, Affiliate Marketing Blog
- B2B Blog Metrics: 4 Effective Categories to Measure Success, Sword and the Script
- Social Media Reporting Tips (From Your Boss), Simply Measured
- Why You Need to Measure Brand Equity – and How to Do It, Kiss Metrics
Blogs & Blogging
- Advertising will remain optional for over 95% of sites on Disqus, Disqus Blog
- How To Turn Your Daily Life Into Content, The Blog Herald
- Important Changes – Disqus Ads Are No Longer Free to Disable, Kinsta
- Timeline: What to Do When Your Blog Goes Down, Blog Tyrant
- 46% of B2B Marketers Say Research Is the Most Effective Content, Convince and Convert
- 8 Content Marketing Lessons to Live By (and Win Awards), Content Marketing Institute
- 9 (More) Lessons From the World’s Best Content Marketing Brands, Content Marketing Institute
- Fake News in Content Marketing and Why it’s Wrong, The Sales Lion
- How to Reuse Content to Get More Traffic, Duct Tape Marketing
- Transform Your Content from Predictable to Provocative with This Bold Method, Copyblogger
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Free Fonts With Personality And Style, Smashing Magazine
- How a Website Redesign Increased Organic Traffic, Search Engine Journal
- 7 Key Differences Between Chinese and Western Consumers, Multichannel Marketer
- Amazon Alexa: Brands must be careful before rushing in, Econsultancy
- Amazon just shared new numbers that give a clue about how many Prime members it has, Business Insider
- Cross-Border Shoppers Worldwide Favor PayPal, eMarketer
- Four strategies for getting rich in e-commerce, Internet Retailer
- Has Amazon outgrown its ‘e-commerce giant’ label?, Retail Dive
- 4 Tools You Need for an Email and Social Media Marketing Calendar, Constant Contact
- How to Grow Your Email List by Using Webinars (A Definitive Guide), Sleek Note
- Retailers Lost the Email-Capture War: 3 Ways to Win Again, AdAge
- Using Triggered Emails for B2B Ecommerce, Practical Ecommerce
General Internet Marketing
- 4 Delicious Recipes to Sweeten up Your Marketing, Marketo
- A Guide to Open-Ended Questions in Marketing Research, ConversionXL
- Emotions Related to Good and Bad Brand Experiences, MarketingProfs
Internet Marketing Industry
- NetBase Launches “Instant Search” Solution for On-Demand Social Analytics, Business Wire
- Organizations Wasting Billions on Customer Loyalty Programs That Don’t Work Like They Used To, Accenture Strategy Study Finds, Business Wire
- Samanage Raises $20M in Investment Funding, Launches Enterprise Service Desk on the Salesforce AppExchange, the World’s Leading Enterprise Apps Marketplace, Globe Newswire
- Are brands failing to properly promote their new chatbots?, Econsultancy
- How AI will help you create better ads, VentureBeat
- Marketing Automation: What Your Business Needs to Know, Jeff Korhan
- VC Love Sees MarTech Investments Zoom to $14 BN Funding in 2016, MarTech Advisor
- How to Use Content to Get Your Audience to Trust You, Content Marketing Institute
- Janrain’s US Value Exchange Survey: Brand Trust Requirement, Janrain
- 41% Put Hashtags at the End of a Post, Search Engine Journal
- 7 Monthly Facebook Advertising Checks to Monitor Account Health, 3Q Digital
- Facebook is launching an app for Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV, Recode
- Facebook is still figuring out how to tackle fake news, TechCrunch
- Facebook Is Testing a Feature That Opens Posts in Pop-Up Windows After Comments, Adweek
- How Social Media Will Change By 2020: An Informed Hypothesis on the Future of Social, Social Media Explorer
- How Successful Marketers Use Social Proof to Drive Growth, CMS Wire
- Instagram Contest Ideas That Will Grow Your Followers 70% Faster, Tailwind Blog
- Instagram Takeover: How to Host a Takeover in 6 Easy Steps, The Buffer Blog
- Keep Social Creative Fresh with These 3 Tips, The AdStage Blog
- Marketing Your Product With Photos On Instagram, David Meerman Scott
- Most Snapchat users skip the ads and don’t follow news sites like the New York Times, the Mail, or CNN, a survey shows, Quartz
- Snapchat study shows brands are getting a free ride, if you can find them, VentureBeat
- Snapchat Users Are Very Likely to Watch a Brand’s Entire Story, Report Shows, Adweek
- Twitter quickly kills a poorly thought out anti-abuse measure, TechCrunch
- Ways to Use Instagram Live for Your Small Business, Small Biz Trends
- ‘Beyond just impressions’: Inside Goal’s first sponsored Facebook Live TV series, Digiday
- How To Drive Live Video Views? Drone Maker DJI Turns To Paid Media, AdExchanger
- How to Use Instagram Live to Generate Leads, Social Media Examiner
- Making Live Videos: What Works and What Doesn’t, Adweek
- Rewarded video: Monetization beyond gaming apps, Mobile Commerce Daily
- What’s the Value of a Vine Camera Loop to Marketers?, Adweek
- YouTube cancels PewDiePie’s original series following Nazi controversy, The Verge
About The Author