Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Closed-Loop Marketing: A Recipe for Growth
Sep 29, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
The buyer’s journey is morphing into a self-guided tour, and therefore, capturing and tracking behavioral data is more important than ever. Integrating sales and marketing in a closed loop based on that data is your key to conversion.
- 7 on-site SEO problems that hold back e-commerce sites
Sep 29, 2017 by Pratik Dholakiya
Is your e-commerce site experiencing weak organic traffic? Columnist Pratik Dholakiya shares some common issues that impact SEO for online retailers and offers a few suggestions.
- Artificial intelligence is changing the rules of account identification
Sep 29, 2017 by Peter Isaacson
Columnist Peter Isaacson takes a look at how AI-powered intent data is transforming the way B2B marketers approach their Account-Based Marketing programs.
- 5 metrics to measure the success of Facebook videos
Sep 29, 2017 by Sweta Patel
From view-through rate to video length, contributor Sweta Patel discusses the metrics that will help you understand how your videos are performing on Facebook.
- Affiliate marketing strategies for success during the holidays
Sep 29, 2017 by Adam Weiss
The holidays are just around the corner and will be in full force before we know it. Columnist Adam Weiss outlines key strategies to help you prepare and get your affiliate marketing on track this season.
- Canonical tags gone wild
Sep 29, 2017 by Patrick Stox
What happens when canonical tags get out of control and how can you rein them in? Columnist Patrick Stox shares his findings and insights.
- System 1 Research launches a VR testing tool for shopping
Sep 29, 2017 by Barry Levine
But, until VR is indistinguishable from reality, the question is whether it can offer a valid environment for real-world marketing tests.
- Forrester’s first Waves on journey analytics show the growing importance of customers’ steps toward purchase
Sep 29, 2017 by Barry Levine
In this new field, the surveyed tools offer different approaches to understanding customers’ incentives and problems.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Amazon Sells $1.6 Million in Whole Foods’ Store-Brand Products in First Month, Wall Street Journal
- Apple quietly acquired computer vision startup Regaind, TechCrunch
- Jet.com will launch its own grocery line, Retail Dive
- 3 Ways to Integrate Products You Sell with Content You Publish, Practical Ecommerce
- How to Help Your Team Be Creative and Productive, Content Marketing Institute
- How To Use 2018 B2B Content Marketing Trends To Improve Results, Heidi Cohen
- 21% of shoppers make half of all purchases online, Retail Dive
- How publishers are trying to Amazon-proof their e-commerce strategies, Digiday
- U.S. Grocers Are Gaining Ground with Click-And-Collect Programs, Multichannel Merchant
General Internet Marketing
- Decking the halls and creating the holiday mood, Retail Dive
- How Visual Search Is Influencing Marketing: A Look at Pinterest Lens, CMS Wire
- The US Digital Ad Market: A Google and Facebook Duopoly, MarketingProfs
Internet Marketing Industry
- Fastly Launches Media Shield to Optimize High-Traffic Streaming, Market Wired
- TouchCR’s Next-Generation Smart Tracking Technology Empowers Marketers to Monitor and Analyze Consumer Behavior without Relying on Cookies, PR Web
- Zoho Raises Bar for Enterprise Chat with Cliq, Business Wire
- Hyatt CMO: Automation has a dark side, Digiday
- The Holy Grail of Data for B2B Technology Companies, HG Data
- The Top 11 Live Chat Software Solutions To Skyrocket Conversion Rates, Jeff Bullas
- Five new and innovative examples of augmented reality in retail apps, Econsultancy
- Local Marketing For Newbies: How To Use Location To Your Advantage, Jeff Bullas
- Study: Mobile to capture 80% of search budgets by 2021, Mobile Marketer
- Facebook Collection Ads: Things to Know, 3Q Digital
- Facebook’s Algorithm: 3 Must-Know Changes, Marketo
- How to Engage With Your Social Media Followers: Our 11 Best Tips, The Buffer Blog
- YouTube tightens rules around videos with external links, The Verge
- Pivoting-to-video publishers face a big monetization gap, Digiday
- Why Paying Celebrity Influencers $500,000 for a #Sponsored Video Ad May Not Give You the Best ROI, Tubular Insights
About The Author