Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google AMP carousels are multiplying!
Jan 23, 2017 by Barb Palser
Columnist Barb Palser says the growing number of single-source AMP carousels in Google search sweetens the deal for AMP-enabled publishers.
- 5 more brands launch Super Bowl LI ads: Hyundai, Turbo Tax, Lexus, Avocados from Mexico & Mr. Clean
Jan 23, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
As game day nears, more and more advertisers are releasing teaser ads and official Super Bowl spots.
- Are you writing too much content?
Jan 23, 2017 by Jacob Baadsgaard
Contributor Jacob Baadsgaard says great content doesn’t have to do with word count — it’s about giving your audience what they’re looking for.
- Amplero enlists machine learning to leverage influencer marketing
Jan 23, 2017 by Barry Levine
The optimization platform’s new feature makes tested offers to customers who have lots of friends and followers.
- Brandwatch now offers three-year searches of Unlimited Historical Data
Jan 23, 2017 by Barry Levine
The UK-based social intelligence firm is employing the Twitter Decahose, offering what it says is the fastest tool for historical searches of online news and conversations.
- How audience profiling, based on real-time online customer interactions, reveals the faces in the crowd
Jan 23, 2017 by Giovanni Strocchi
Contributor Giovanni Strocchi explains how audience profiling built on first-party data can help marketers get to know their audience on a personal level and predict their needs.
- Announcing the Stackie & Hackie Awards for MarTech San Francisco 2017
Jan 23, 2017 by Scott Brinker
I’m excited to kick off the third year of The Stackies, which will culminate in an opening awards ceremony at the MarTech Conference in San Francisco, May 9–11, 2017. Of course, like all agile marketers, we believe in improving with each iteration. So we’ve tweaked and expanded the competition this year.
- Women’s March a reminder of the incredible viral power of Facebook
Jan 23, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The event, which probably wouldn’t have been possible without Facebook, was the largest protest in US history.
- Survey: Mobile devices eclipse PC usage and, in a surprise, drive more conversions
Jan 23, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Fluent survey of 2,773 US adults asked about a range of mobile behaviors and usage patterns.
- Twitter forces people to follow @POTUS, @FLOTUS & @VP accounts
Jan 20, 2017 by Danny Sullivan
Did you transition away from the official accounts for the US President, Vice President and First Lady? There’s a good chance Twitter made you follow them again.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Civis Analytics adds surveys so brands can better understand themselves, venturebeat.com
- Google Is Developing a Cloud-Based Measurement Service for Advertisers, www.adweek.com
- Metrics and KPIs Used for Marketing Performance Measurement, www.marketingprofs.com
- The Consumer Affinity War: Protecting Your Brand With Analytics, www.cmswire.com
- The Open Garden Movement: How it Optimizes your Targeting, Analytics and Performance, www.martechadvisor.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Generate New Blog Post Ideas: Yes You Can!, heidicohen.com
- How to Come up With More Than Enough (Great) Ideas for Your Blog, www.problogger.net
- How to Grow Blog Traffic and Leads With Compounding Posts, www.marketingprofs.com
- Medium vs. WordPress: Battle of the Blogging Platforms, www.cmswire.com
- Here’s how Snap might compare to best and worst tech IPOs of the past decade, venturebeat.com
- Yahoo Is Under Scrutiny for Delaying Disclosure of Its Massive Data Breach, www.adweek.com
- 5 Content Marketing Trends That Will Change SEO In 2017, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Fake News Impacts All of Us: Here’s How Content Creators Can Adapt, www.cmswire.com
- How to Produce 300 High-Quality Articles a Year: An 8-Step Process, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The 7 Traits of Successful Content Marketers, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The Art of Seductive Content Marketing, www.copyblogger.com
- Trust Your Customers to Raise Their Hands: How to use non-gated content to more than double high-quality leads, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
- How to Build a Compelling One-Page Story for Your Landing Page, blog.crazyegg.com
- Optimization Across the User Journey: the intersection of SEM and CRO, 3qdigital.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 5 Easy-to-Digest Resources to Finally Understand Site Speed Better, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- 5 Writing Principles That Will Make Your Content Go Viral, www.jeffbullas.com
- 50 One Page Website Templates for Your Business, smallbiztrends.com
- The Differences Between Enterprise and Consumer UX Design, www.uxmatters.com
- 8 Ways to Encourage Ecommerce Customer Loyalty in 2017, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Abandoned Shopping Cart Rates Are Soaring – And It’s All Our Fault!, smallbiztrends.com
- Amazon is 800-pound gorilla in the room that consumers love, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Ditch averages to find your next e-commerce conversion breakthrough, www.internetretailer.com
- Why incomplete website content leads to lost sales, www.internetretailer.com
- 10 Types of Triggered Email Marketing Campaigns (and How to Use Them), movableink.com
- Building an Email List From Scratch, www.verticalresponse.com
- How to Design Emails to Drive More Action, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Nobody Complains About Spam Anymore – or Even Bothers to Unsubscribe, www.martechadvisor.com
General Internet Marketing
- 6 Digital Marketing Strategies You Need To Know, www.ppchero.com
- 4 Ways to Make Chatbots a Brand Advantage, www.martechadvisor.com
- Blockchain marketing: how the technology behind Bitcoin could change marketing, chiefmartec.com
- How AI will transform mobile, apps, and marketing, www.tune.com
- It’s Not Just Millennials That Tap into Mobile for Social, www.emarketer.com
- Top mobile predictions from 76 influencers in 38 seconds (or less), www.tune.com
- 19 Facebook Marketing Predictions for 2017 From the Pros, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 4 Golden Rules for Social Selling on Instagram, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Facebook ads drove more shoppers to buy over the holidays, www.internetretailer.com
- How to Create Viral Content for Social Media on a Consistent Basis, blog.bufferapp.com
- Snapchat quietly updates its guidelines to prevent fake news on its Discover platform, qz.com
- Snapchat Spectacles: A Full Review and 5 Tips to Take Great Snaps, blog.bufferapp.com
- What You Need to Know About Facebook’s Business Pages Layout, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 10 B2C Brands Crushing it with Instagram Video Content in 2017, www.toprankblog.com
- 10+ Best YouTube Plugins for WordPress to Improve User Engagement, www.wpexplorer.com
- How Marketers Can Use Experiential AI to Jump Start Video Marketing, www.martechadvisor.com
- How one family used YouTube to build a home and rebuild their lives, youtube.googleblog.com
- Report: VR and 360-Degree Marketing Videos Can Generate Brand Favorability, komarketing.com
- Twitter just can’t let go of Vine, launches an online archive, techcrunch.com
- Where to Put Marketing Videos on Your Website: 7 Places to Consider, www.thesaleslion.com
About The Author