Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- DNA of a strategic marketing operations leader: 3 seismic shifts, Part 2
Oct 6, 2017 by Debbie Qaqish
In Part 2 of a series, contributor Debbie Qaqish takes a look at the evolving role today’s successful marketing operations leader plays within an organization.
- Are Home Service Ads the death of home-based businesses on Google?
Oct 6, 2017 by Joy Hawkins
Google is expanding their Home Service Ads across more and more cities in the US, and some home-based business owners are worried. Columnist Joy Hawkins explains how this move impacts these businesses and what they can do to combat a loss of local search visibility.
- At MarTech conference, tech evangelist Robert Scoble envisions how AR and VR will transform marketing
Oct 6, 2017 by Barry Levine
It will have a profound effect, he says, on how products are designed, presented, sold and used.
- How to build an audience of consumers in today’s highly competitive environment
Oct 6, 2017 by Peter Minnium
Amid the super saturated digital advertising space, how can your brand break through? Contributor Peter Minnium explains how building an audience will give you a competitive advantage.
- The world of martech stacks from a B2C brand, B2B company & agency perspective
Oct 6, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
This year’s MarTech Conference Boston brought together Red Wing Shoe Co.’s director of marketing technology, iCrossing’s CTO and Entuity’s VP of worldwide marketing.
- But do you love me? A brand intimacy agency ranks brands based on emotional connections to consumers
Oct 6, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
MBLM’s 2017 brand intimacy report ranks 386 brands across 15 industries based on emotional connections brands have with consumers.
- 2017 growth hacks: Increase CTR by monitoring competitive offers
Oct 5, 2017 by Lori Weiman
Are you showcasing your offers in your paid search and shopping ads? Columnist Lori Weiman explains why she believes this is a huge area of opportunity for paid search marketers.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- The Problem With Metrics, AdExchanger
- Who’s Your Audience: Leveraging Facebook Analytics, 97th Floor
- AOL Instant Messenger is shutting down after 20 years, TechCrunch
- Facebook Cut Russia Out of April Report on Election Influence, Wall Street Journal
- Upcoming Google Fiber launches in Louisville, San Antonio only offer Internet, drop TV, 9to5Google
- How to Infuse ‘Know,’ ‘Like,’ and ‘Trust’ Into Your Content, Content Marketing Institute
- The 10 Laws Of Visual Content Marketing [2017 Update], Jeff Bullas
- What Is a Content Audit and Why Do You Need One?, Contently
- 8 Ways to Supercharge Calls to Action, for Ecommerce, Practical Ecommerce
- How To Handle Negative Reviews on Amazon (Professionally), Ignite Visibility
- Walmart bets on grocery pickup to edge out Amazon, Retail Dive
- One Ridiculously Simple Email That’ll Get More People to Click Your Content, AWeber Communications
- When WordPress & Email Marketing Collide: 15 Mistakes to Avoid at All Costs, The Blog Herald
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Reasons to Glocalize Your Next Campaign, CopyPressed
- CMOs have a trust issue with programmatic, Digiday
- Getting Ready for the GDPR, MailChimp Blog
Internet Marketing Industry
- InsideView Expands Capabilities of Microsoft’s Insights, powered by InsideView, and Introduces Refresh for Dynamics 365 to Improve Data Quality and Sales Engagement for Microsoft CustomersPowered, Markets Insider
- QuanticMind Secures $20M in Funding to Launch a New Era of Marketing Powered by Data Science and Machine Learning, Business Wire
- Marketers Warm To Google And Facebook As The Blame Shifts To Ad Tech Middlemen, AdExchanger
- Moving Your CMS to the Cloud: Flying High or Hot Air?, CMS Wire
- The Top 15 Tools for Managing Social Media Accounts, Search Engine Journal
- Mobile vs. AMP & Mobile First is Here, Ignite Visibility
- Shopping App Marketers: Black Friday Success Starts Now, Multichannel Merchant
- 2 Reasons Facebook’s Latest Algorithm Change Will Impact Marketers, Contently
- Dark Data on Social Media: Gain Insights That Shed Light on Your Business, MarketingProfs
- Instagram Stories Boost Your Brand’s Exposure in 8 Steps, Small Biz Trends
- Study: Ad-supported cooking videos on Facebook have major foreign audience, Mobile Marketer
- These are the biggest videos on Facebook, NewsWhip
- With Facebook’s focus on video, publishers hear less about Instant Articles, Digiday
About The Author