Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook changes some measurements for Pages’ organic videos
Apr 10, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook adds more minutes-viewed metrics, adjusts period-based measurements and removes aggregate 10-second view count.
- Three-year long study finds native ad spend jumped 600 percent between 2014 & 2016
Apr 10, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Conducted by native ad platform Nativo, the study looked at native ad spends for 10 different verticals, including Food and Drink, Automotive and CPG.
- Twitter adds 3rd-party measurement for viewability & audience verification
Apr 10, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Partnerships provide independent verification for video ad viewability and audience metrics.
- 3 steps for retailers to perfect one-to-one customer segmentation
Apr 10, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
In retail, customer segmentation is a basic building block of personalization. Dividing shoppers into groups that share demographics, purchase histories, social networks, onsite behaviors, or any number of other characteristics allows retailers to target these groups with highly relevant communications, products and offers.
- 5 quick SEO wins for new clients
Apr 10, 2017 by Christian Sculthorp
Columnist Christian Sculthorp surveyed industry experts to find out where they look for easy wins when taking on a new SEO campaign. Here is some of their advice.
- E-commerce companies can improve revenue by following these 5 tips
Apr 10, 2017 by Trond Lyngbø
Looking to take your e-commerce business to the next level? Columnist Trond Lyngbø has some SEO and content marketing advice for web shops.
- Mobile engagement just got even more important for marketers. Here’s what you need to be thinking about
Apr 10, 2017 by Shani Rosenfelder
Don’t let “quantity over quality” be the mantra of your mobile-first business plan. Contributor Shani Rosenfelder explains why recent changes mean marketers need to pay more attention to engagement and metrics.
- Facebook now has more than 5 million monthly advertisers
Apr 10, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Over the past year or so, Facebook has attracted a million new advertisers roughly every six months.
- Two new reports: Many consumers afraid of, and confused by, artificial intelligence
Apr 10, 2017 by Barry Levine
Separate studies by Pegasystems and InsideSales depict ‘fear and confusion,’ but offer some strategies for AI-using businesses.
- Why it’s time to say goodbye to the ‘r’ in influencer
Apr 10, 2017 by Paul Kontonis
Contributor Paul Kontonis believes marketers need to move past the term “influencer marketing” and instead embrace change and implement the six phases of influence marketing.
- Facebook adds new Estimated Daily Results report, upgrades Delivery Insights
Apr 7, 2017 by Greg Finn
New enhancements make it easier to estimate Facebook Ad results and find more data on how you are reaching specific audiences.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 15 Factors to Consider for Developing Content Marketing KPIs & Metrics, Search Engine Journal
- Marketers Seek Technologically Advanced Agencies for Analytics Needs, KoMarketing
Blogs & Blogging
- Google Pays Female Workers Less Than Male Counterparts, Labor Department Says, Wall Street Journal
- Twitter CEO forgoes compensation; long-time board member to leave, Reuters
- 2 Funnels Are Necessary for Content Marketing, Content Marketing Institute
- 5 Reasons You Aren’t Working on the Right Content Projects, Content Marketing Institute
- How To Easily Find Traffic Smashing Topic Ideas, Search Engine Journal
- How to Quickly Improve Your B2B Content’s Quality, Pushing Social
- Understanding YouTube & Facebook’s Branded Content Tools, MediaKix
- Want to do content marketing in FMCG? Here’s four things you need to know, Econsultancy
- 9 Activation Secrets You Need to Be Using, Kiss Metrics
- After long wait, .Eco domains roll out this month, Domain Name Wire
- Chinese Are 9 of Top 10 Biggest Registrants of New gTLD’s; Top 10 Own Over 10% Of All New gTLD’s, The Domains
- Looks Like Walmart Paid $9 Million for Shoes.com + IP, Domain Investing
- 3 Ways Ecommerce Fraud False Positives Hurt You, Multichannel Merchant
- Amazon’s Free Shipping Pushes Small Retailers, Delivery Firms to Compete, Wall Street Journal
- Amazon’s Third-Party Sellers Hit By Hackers, Wall Street Journal
- Public web-only retailers outgrow rivals in Q4, Digital Commerce 360
- 7 Ways To Make Your Automated Emails Feel More Human, AWeber Communications
- How to Master Email Measurement in 3 Easy Steps, Constant Contact
General Internet Marketing
- 20 Inspiring & Actionable Influencer Marketing Tips for The Modern Marketer, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- Digital advertising is totally out of control, Econsultancy
- How Millennials Are Shaping the Future of Marketing, The Data & Marketing Association
- How to Use Neuromarketing to Boost Your Marketing Campaigns, MarketingProfs
- Influencer Marketing: An Opportunity Slipping Through Our Fingers, Adweek
- The Future of Advertising, MarTech Advisor
- The State of Internet Marketing for The SMB: Frustrated, Blumenthals
- Why Micro-Influencers Make a Winning Influencer Strategy, Convince and Convert
Internet Marketing Industry
- Madeline Rich Promoted to VP of Professional Services at Lotame, Lotame
- ShareThis Launches First Free A/B Testing Tool for Publishers Tailored for Facebook, PR Newswire
- Amazon is taking on Google and Facebook for ad tech dominance, Digiday
- Which Chatbot Is Right For You?, CMS Wire
- Creative Push Notifications You’ll Want to Steal for Yourself, MarTech Advisor
- How AMP Affects Publishers & Advertisers, Search Engine Journal
- Mobile Apps Are a Gold Mine for Fraudsters, eMarketer
- Two Mobile Marketing Studies Sketch Location Data’s Role in Cross-Channel Measurement, Street Fight
- Why Real-time Geofencing Is a Missed Marketing Opportunity for Brands, Street Fight
- With these Pixel tips, your photos will bloom bright, The Official Google Blog
- 6 Tips for Keeping Your Company’s Social Media Accounts Secure, Social Media Explorer
- Facebook now lets you watch Messenger Day stories on Messenger.com, VentureBeat
- Facebook Workplace Free Model Could Drive Adoption, But At a Cost, CMS Wire
- Helping Small Businesses Succeed in a Mobile World, Facebook for Business
- Here’s How to Save Tweets as Drafts on Twitter, Adweek
- How Instagram Is Growing Its Social Shopping Efforts, Adweek
- How to Use Facebook Live 360 Video for Marketing, Social Media Examiner
- Most Publishers Need To Rethink Their Video Advertising Strategies, AdExchanger
- Studio71 Thinks It Has a Solution to Sketchy Ad Placement on YouTube Videos, Adweek
- Why Amazon is spending $4.5B on video this year — and how it compares to competitors like Netflix, Geekwire
- YouTube TV Will Force You to Watch Ads on Many DVR’d Shows, Wall Street Journal
About The Author
MarketingProfs.com, SoftwareCEO.com, and Sales and Marketing Management Magazine. Read more of Amy’s articles.