Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Prime Day delivers a 60% increase in profits for Amazon sellers [Feedvisor data]
Jul 12, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Amazon says one merchant, Furbo Dog Camera, generated 500 times its normal daily sales during the Prime Day event.
- Key notes on optimizing for voice search: Conversation, content and context
Jul 12, 2017 by Jim Yu
Voice search is growing in popularity, yet many search marketers still don’t have a plan for it. Columnist Jim Yu discusses the state of voice search and provides some tips for marketers looking to the future.
- AMP for Advanced SEOs: SMX Advanced insights
Jul 12, 2017 by Eric Enge
Columnist Eric Enge summarizes a session from the recent SMX Advanced conference on Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP).
- Attack of the clones: Here’s a script to fight duplicated ads
Jul 12, 2017 by Daniel Gilbert
Duplicate ads can make it difficult to properly manage your AdWords campaigns, but finding duplicate ads in a large account can be nearly impossible. Luckily, thanks to columnist Daniel Gilbert, there’s a script for that.
- How marketers can finally bring the ‘personal’ to personalization
Jul 12, 2017 by Peter Cassidy
Contributor Peter Cassidy believes the intelligence and automation of machine learning can arm marketers with the ability to connect with consumers on a personal level.
- Prime Day 2017 was Amazon’s biggest sales day ever
Jul 12, 2017 by Matt McGee
Summer shopping event also gives Amazon its biggest one-day growth in Prime memberships.
- Google enables YouTube remarketing audiences for RLSA to retarget video viewers in search
Jul 12, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The option expands data sharing between the two channels.
- No such thing as a free launch: A launch marketing checklist for multilocation businesses
Jul 12, 2017 by Megan Hannay
Launching in a new city can be rewarding… or a massive flop. Columnist Megan Hannay outlines tips to help you build trust with your new audience and turn a potentially lackluster launch into a successful one.
- How the QVC/HSN merger illuminates the future of omnichannel shopping
Jul 12, 2017 by Barry Levine
That future depends on what kind of shopping experience customers want.
- Google bars AdSense publishers from using pop-under ads
Jul 11, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Google ads also may not be served in pop-unders or pop-ups.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Finally! A Marketing Dashboard That Puts You Light-years Ahead, Search Engine Journal
- REPORT: How Modern Marketers Measure Advertising Effectiveness, The AdStage Blog
- Twitter has a new CFO: Ned Segal, Recode
- Google wins challenge against 1.1 billion-euro French tax bill, Reuters
- Pinterest snags Google exec as its head of ad products, Business Insider
- 3 Pre-Suasion Strategies for Better Content Marketing, Search Engine Journal
- The 12 Simple Rules For Successful Content Marketing, Jeff Bullas
- Writing Home: A Guide to Creating Content for an International Audience, 97th Floor
- 11 Customer-Centric Ways to Grow Your E-Commerce Revenue, Kiss Metrics
- Millennials choose mobile, Target, Walmart for back-to-school shopping, Mobile Marketer
- The Explosive Growth of Cross-border Ecommerce, Practical Ecommerce
- Five Simple Tips to Improve Your Email Marketing, Smokehouse SEO
General Internet Marketing
- 25 Influencer Marketing Platforms & Marketplaces, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- How to Effectively Leverage Lead Ads for a New Product or Brand Launch, 3Q Digital
- How to Get Your Boss to Double Your CRO Budget, Kiss Metrics
- Janine Silva, Director of Email & Integrated Marketing at Investopedia Talks Marketing Tech, MarTech Advisor
- Mind the Gap: Why the Disconnect Between Marketing Technology and Data Hurts Customer Loyalty, eMarketer
- We’re in a MarTech Bubble. Here’s How to Choose the Right Tools, MarTech Advisor
- Amazon Alexa and Smart Speakers Are the Next iPhone, Convince and Convert
- PayPal Now Available on App Store, Apple Music, iTunes & More, PayPal Stories
- The Mobile App Space Needs Standards, But Post-View And Post-Click Attribution Are Major Speed Bumps, AdExchanger
- Could Instagram Collections Make It The New Pinterest?, MediaKix
- How Consumers Respond to Brands on Social Media: New Research, Social Media Examiner
- Pinterest’s Reach Is More Diverse Than Ever, PPC Hero
- 10 Ways To Measure Video Marketing ROI, Search Engine People
- Brand Safety and Digital Video, eMarketer
- Live From Facebook Spaces: A New Way to Share VR With Friends, Facebook Newsroom
About The Author