Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Got amazing content but no leads? 5 ways to rethink your paid strategy
Jul 25, 2017 by Todd Saunders
Content marketing isn’t easy — especially if you don’t have a content distribution strategy! Columnist Todd Saunders outlines how PPC can be used to enhance your organic content efforts.
- Navigating the programmatic turn in content distribution
Jul 25, 2017 by Chuck Moran
As programmatic becomes a viable means of distributing branded content, columnist Chuck Moran discusses the risks involving brand safety, viewability and verification and how brands can prepare.
- European regulators turning up the heat on Facebook, other social sites to modify terms
Jul 25, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Social sites are being pushed to craft T&Cs very different from those in the US.
- Are you a content hoarder? Maybe it’s time for a blog cleanup
Jul 25, 2017 by Sherry Bonelli
Columnist Sherry Bonelli outlines why improving and optimizing your outdated blog posts may be a better strategy than endlessly pushing out new content.
- How to bring your potential customers back with retargeting
Jul 25, 2017 by Jacob Baadsgaard
The vast majority of visitors to your website probably aren’t ready to buy yet. But columnist Jacob Baadsgaard argues that with the right retargeting approach, you can help them get ready to buy — and ensure that you’ll be the company they choose once they’re ready.
- Amazon advertising: Beyond Prime Day
Jul 25, 2017 by Kevin Lee
Whether it’s a friend, foe or frenemy, Amazon is a powerful force among both brands and marketers. Contributor Kevin Lee says if you’re planning to advertise on Amazon.com, the time to do it is now.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Facebook has acquired a content rights startup called Source3 to help fight video pirates, Recode
- Traffic Costs Jam Up Google, Wall Street Journal
- Amplify Consumer-Generated Content to Boost ROI from Bazaarvoice CMO, Sarah Spivey, MarTech Advisor
- August 2017 Marketing and Holiday Planning, Constant Contact Blogs
- How Marketers Can Create Binge-Worthy Content Experiences, Convince and Convert
- Email Subscriber Attention Spans: Increasing, Still Short, MarketingProfs
- Making Email Marketing Work, MarTech Advisor
- What’s the best time to send?, My Emma
General Internet Marketing
- Digital Marketing Strategy: How to Build a Solid Foundation, MarketingProfs
- How to Start an Influencer Marketing Program Without a Budget, CMS Wire
- So long, and thanks for all the Flash, Chromium Blog
Internet Marketing Industry
- Eyeota Teams with Nativo to Infuse Global Audience Data into Native Advertising Technology Platform, Eyeota
- SimilarWeb Secures $47 Million in New Funding, Similar Web
- A Beginner’s Guide to Marketing Automation, Moz
- How to be your own Marketing Success Story, Sara Spivey talks Martech Skills, MarTech Advisor
- The Martech Purchase Process: How Tech Buyers Evaluate Vendors, MarketingProfs
- Apple spotlights 3 flaws in tracking app downloads, Mobile Marketer
- Building a Local Stack: The Rise of “SMB OS”, Street Fight
- How to Create a Snapchat Geofilter on Your Phone, Social Media Examiner
- 4 Facebook Ad Campaign Rookie Errors to Avoid, Simply Measured
- Grow Your Business: 3 Ways to Use Custom Audiences, Facebook for Business
- How to Monetize Social Media by Creating Excellent Content, Small Biz Trends
- Following YouTube’s brand safety backlash, will ad relevance take center stage?, Econsultancy
- Introducing the Live 360 Ready Program and new features for Live 360, Facebook Media
About The Author