Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 5 must-do technical SEO audit items in 2017
Jun 23, 2017 by Aleyda Solis
As the search world evolves, so must your technical SEO audits. Columnist Aleyda Solis discusses some new items to add to your audits in order to stay current.
- Early performance results from Google’s update to close variants
Jun 23, 2017 by Andy Taylor
What impact has Google’s latest update to close variants had on paid search performance? Columnist Andy Taylor reviews the data.
- A deep dive into online-to-in-store attribution
Jun 23, 2017 by Michael Della Penna
Columnist Michael Della Penna walks you through the various methodologies used to understand the impact of impressions on in-store visits and how they affect campaigns.
- Facebook to launch app for video creators later this year
Jun 23, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook’s app will enable creators to add intros, outros and Snapchat-style frames to live and recorded videos produced through the app.
- How content drives revenue (and how to prove it)
Jun 23, 2017 by Rachel Lindteigen
Not everyone understands what content can do for your bottom line. Columnist Rachel Lindteigen breaks it down so that your clients or team members will recognize the results of your efforts.
- Top 15 smartphone apps becoming a static list owned by Google, Facebook, Apple
Jun 23, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Top apps list shows power is concentrated in just a few companies.
- Sprout Social releases first non-developer bot-building platform for Twitter
Jun 23, 2017 by Barry Levine
It’s not AI, but the idea is to manage customer inquiries before turning the inquiring user over to a live agent.
- YouTube tops 1.5 billion logged-in viewers every month
Jun 22, 2017 by Tim Peterson
YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki debuts product tweaks, including responsive video and 180-degree video formats, at VidCon.
- Get answers to your content marketing questions
Jun 22, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
When it comes to content marketing, we know you have questions. Marketing Land’s Content Marketing Tools: A Marketer’s Guide has you covered. This guide examines the current market for content marketing tools and answers the following questions: Why is content marketing growing so quickly?
- Save the Date: SMX East is back in NYC Oct 24-26
Jun 22, 2017 by Marketing Land
Mark your calendars for SMX East: October 24-26! Don’t miss your only chance this year to attend the largest search marketing conference on the East Coast. An agenda obsessed with SEO & SEM! SMX is the only conference series dedicated to search marketing.
- How SEO can create budget efficiencies in paid search campaigns
Jun 22, 2017 by Thomas Stern
Columnist Thomas Stern provides data showing that when used together, SEO and PPC can better achieve desired marketing outcomes such as more qualified traffic and budgetary efficiency.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- The Risks, Mistakes, Myths that Surround Affiliate Marketing, MarTech Advisor
Blogs & Blogging
- 7 Tools to Help You find Out How Fast Your Blog Loads, The Blog Herald
- 4 Tools to Easily Create Videos to Diversify Your Content Marketing, Internet Marketing Ninjas
- Creating Influencer-Targeted Content to Earn Links + Coverage, Moz
- Use Interconnected Content To Maximize Content Marketing Results, Heidi Cohen
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Tackling B2B and B2C challenges – Q&A with Leah Russell, Vice President of User Experience at HomeAdvisor, UserTesting Blog
- Top 4 Threats to Creative Copywriting and How to Overcome Those Blocks, MarketingProfs
- What All UX Designers Want You to Consider in Web Design, 3Q Digital
- WordPress’ New Gutenberg Editor Now Available as a Plugin for Testing, WordPress Tavern
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Google is Compressing Its Display Ads So Pages Load Faster, Search Engine Journal
- Domain Investors Need To Learn Some Trademark Law, The Domains
- The future of the WordPress economy, Post Status
- 42 percent of Amazon Echo owners have bought a second device (or more), TechCrunch
- Alibaba Considering Distribution Center in Detroit, Multichannel Merchant
- Amazon’s vision for the future: delivery drone beehives in every city, The Verge
- Prepping for Amazon Prime Day, Multichannel Merchant
- Why publishers’ e-commerce ambitions are extending to subscriptions, Digiday
General Internet Marketing
- Traffic Authentication: The Most Nettlesome Issue in Ad Tech, AdAge
- Why blockchain faces an uphill battle in fixing ad tech’s transparency problems, Digiday
- Google Home Is 6 Times More Likely to Answer Your Question Than Amazon Alexa, Adweek
- Mobilegeddon is Here, Ignite Visibility
- Using data to improve your mobile conversion: A simple but effective approach, Econsultancy
- 4 Emerging Trends Defining Social Media Advertising Today, Adweek
- Advanced Audience Targeting: What Facebook Marketers Need to Know, Socialbakers
- Facebook launches UK initiative to counter online extremist material, Reuters
- Growing Your Practice on Facebook, Part 4: Reach Your Audience, Search Influence
- How to Break Through With CIOs on Social Media, CMS Wire
- How to Use Facebook as Your PR Engine, Kiss Metrics
- Instagram tests favorites, a major rethinking of private sharing, The Verge
- Introducing Facebook Safety for Journalists Resources, Facebook Media
- Why Weekends Are a Great Time for Brands to Lift Their Instagram Engagement, Adweek
- 5 best practices for effective vertical video, Mobile Marketer
- How to Create a Marketing Video: Questions You Need to Answer, MarketingProfs
- Live Video Strategy: How to Create a Show That Engages, Social Media Examiner
- More Spending on Social Video Ads Is Planned, eMarketer
- Periscope vows fix for broadcasters mad that they forfeit tips by deleting replays, TechCrunch
- Reddit Looks to Lure Advertisers With Video and Redesign, Wall Street Journal
- The world as you see it with VR180, Official YouTube Blog
About The Author