Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- What the line for Snap Inc.’s Spectacles was like on release dayNov 10, 2016 by Tim Peterson
By 8 a.m. more than a dozen people were waiting in line to buy Snap Inc.’s Spectacles. By 8:24 a.m., they had sold out.
- Google to EU on Android: your way means less innovation and higher pricesNov 10, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Google makes several strong arguments but not all are equally persuasive.
- Why are retailers spending more money for the same number of eyeballs?Nov 10, 2016 by Liad Agmon
Columnist Liad Agmon explains how retailers can use data to personalize and optimize their campaigns for better returns.
- Instagram Stories get better with new featuresNov 10, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Maybe they’re not a Snapchat clone after all. These changes are certainly not like Snapchat.
- The future of Instagram is spamNov 10, 2016 by Blaise Lucey
As more users and brands saturate Instagram, columnist and Bitly senior content strategist Blaise Lucey believes it’s time to experiment with what works on the platform and figure out how to engage your audience.
- CRM, data science and website design skills are the most important for over half of marketing technologistsNov 10, 2016 by Barry Levine
A new report spotlights the evolution of the marketing technologist.
- Pinterest & Snapchat: 12 tips to dial in your visual adsNov 10, 2016 by Brad O’Brien
With the holiday shopping season in full swing, contributor Brad O’Brien offers tips to make the most of your advertising on Pinterest and Snapchat.
- Introducing Open GardenNov 9, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
A new movement in marketing is growing — and you’re probably starting to hear about it in the media, at events and in the boardroom. Open Garden is a blueprint for a marketing and advertising ecosystem that’s connected at the data layer. It’s a simple, transformative idea.
- Twitter’s top biz exec Adam Bain is leavingNov 9, 2016 by Tim Peterson
With Twitter COO Adam Bain stepping down, CFO Anthony Noto will take over as the company’s revenue boss.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Ad Measurement Feuds on Facebook, YouTube Hinge on Code, www.wsj.com
- Five Ways Marketing Analytics Is Broken (and How to Fix It), www.marketingprofs.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 8 Keys to Maximizing Your Blog’s Potential, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How to Guest Blog: The Ultimate Guide, www.searchenginejournal.com
- What to Look For When Choosing a Web Host for Your Blog, www.blogherald.com
- Yahoo admits some staff knew of hacking in 2014, www.ft.com
- 4 Insights for Maximizing Your Brand’s Website Content, blog.epicosity.com
- 5 Overlooked Ways to Leverage Existing Content for Visual Marketing, smallbiztrends.com
- 7 Steps to Building a Content Marketing Culture That Works, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 8 Ways To Consistently Create Remarkable Content, blog.crazyegg.com
- Personalize or Perish: The Content Marketing Dilemma, www.martechadvisor.com
- The 13-Box System for Insanely Good Content, blogs.constantcontact.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 3 Tiny Words That Add Mystique to Your Social Posts, Blog Post Titles, Headlines & More, www.marketingwords.com
- Top 7 List Building Plugins For Your WordPress Site, www.jeffbullas.com
- Amazon looks to clean house — literally, Seattle Times
- 3 Ways to Handle Ecommerce Peak Season Demand, multichannelmerchant.com
- Brands: It’s not too late to “elf yourself”, www.internetretailer.com
- How to prevent a website error from becoming an e-commerce fiasco, www.internetretailer.com
- Survey: Retailers progressing on omnichannel, but not fast enough, www.retaildive.com
- The cart replaces the shopping list in online food shopping, www.internetretailer.com
- 40 Thanksgiving Subject Lines To Gobble Up, www.verticalresponse.com
- 5 Ways to Develop a Better Email List, www.blogherald.com
- Keep Your Marketing Practices Squeaky Clean: Tips for Proper Email List Hygiene, www.martechadvisor.com
- The Retail Marketer’s Email Playbook, movableink.com
- Why email unsubscribes can actually be a good thing, myemma.com
General Internet Marketing
- Get the Marketing Budget You Need in 2 Steps, www.toprankblog.com
- How Marketers Can Score Touchdowns with Omnichannel Marketing, www.martechadvisor.com
- Lowdown: Why 30% of CEOs Might Fire Their CMO in 2017, adage.com
- Why CMOs (and Organizations) Should Adopt a Beginner’s Mindset, www.cmswire.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- BigCommerce and eBay Deliver Solution for Omni-Channel Selling, www.bigcommerce.com
- Crayon raises $3.35M to help marketers track competitors in real time, www.prnewswire.com
- Criteo Completes Acquisition of HookLogic, www.criteo.com
- SDL-Commissioned Study Reveals Need for Global Content Operating Model, www.sdl.com
- The Role of Mobile in Holiday Shopping, www.marketingprofs.com
- Two in Five Shoppers Want to Make More Mobile Payments, www.emarketer.com
- Google says there are now 2 billion active Chrome installs, techcrunch.com
- 5 Ways to Earn & Build Customer Loyalty, www.wordstream.com
- 5 Common Facebook Ad Mistakes (and How to Fix Them), www.amyporterfield.com
- 5 Surprising Reasons to Reconsider Google+ for Marketing, blog.bufferapp.com
- 5 Ways to Use Instagram Stories for Business, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 6 Solid Reasons to Do Influencer Marketing on Instagram, www.amnavigator.com
- 6 Topics That Gained the Most Traction on Facebook in October, www.adweek.com
- A new way to keep track of ideas you try on Pinterest, blog.pinterest.com
- Assessing the Value of View-Through Conversions on Facebook, 3qdigital.com
- Facebook admits it must do more to stop the spread of misinformation on its platform, techcrunch.com
- Facebook Page Admin Panels: Notifications Out, Activity In?, www.adweek.com
- Here Are the Marketers Being Honored for Best Use of Twitter, adage.com
- How long until Facebook Frames?, techcrunch.com
- How to Optimize Your LinkedIn Content and Get Insights on Who’s Seeing It, blog.linkedin.com
- The Differences Between Facebook & Instagram, www.clixmarketing.com
- What a Shrinking Social Media Landscape Means for Influencers and Marketers, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Winners of First-Ever Twitter Awards, www.adweek.com
- ‘No one’s making money on Facebook’: Video publishers share what’s on their minds, digiday.com
- How to Convert a Viral Video Viewer: The Harmon Brothers Model, tubularinsights.com
- Instagram confirms that it’s working on live video, www.theverge.com
- More Ways to Connect with Your Audience – Superfans, Groups, and Hearts and Comments on the Web, medium.com
- The Live Blog: November 10, 2016, media.fb.com
- YouTube VR: A whole new way to watch… and create, youtube.googleblog.com