Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- The LAD Bible takes No. 1 spot from UNILAD as March’s most popular video creator
Apr 19, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
After more than eight months leading the pack, UNILAD was knocked to the No. 4 position, behind The LAD Bible, Viral Thread and NTD Television.
- Google Analytics is adding a new home page
Apr 19, 2017 by Matt McGee
The new post-login landing page replaces Audience Overview and offers a snapshot of curated data from several reports.
- 5 ways your merchandising strategy is affecting SEO performance
Apr 19, 2017 by Stephanie LeVonne
How does your merchandising strategy affect SEO? Columnist Stephanie LeVonne describes the various challenges that can arise if you overlook the importance of communicating your merchandising strategy with your SEO team.
- Maximize your business’s Twitter impact
Apr 19, 2017 by Will Scott
Are you using Twitter to its full potential? Contributor Will Scott shares six tips to help you build and manage a successful Twitter page for your business.
- In-stream video ads have arrived on Twitter
Apr 19, 2017 by Greg Finn
Advertisers now have the ability to target in-stream (pre- and mid-roll) ads across Amplify partner video content.
- In final earnings report, Yahoo beats Wall Street with $1.3B in revenue
Apr 19, 2017 by Greg Sterling
More than 20 years of being a public company will come to an end this quarter.
- Pega adds conversational bots as front-ends for its platform
Apr 19, 2017 by Barry Levine
Called Intelligent Virtual Assistants, they are pre-built conversational interfaces for Facebook Messenger, Amazon Alexa, Google Home and other environments.
- Facebook now lets businesses match user IDs across Messenger and their own apps, sites
Apr 19, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook previously gave businesses one ID when someone contacted them on Messenger and another when that person logged in to their apps or sites.
- [Reminder] Webinar — National Brands & Local Search: Use Insights to Drive Actions
Apr 18, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
With nearly one third of all mobile searches now related to location, the competition for visibility at the local level has heated up. Once a brand has submitted its data to data aggregators, then what? How can brands leverage performance metrics and data to measure their local search performance and take action on it?
- Facebook’s renamed analytics tool now tracks Pages, in-store purchases
Apr 18, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook Analytics can track brands’ audiences on and off Facebook and target ads based on their cross-platform interactions.
- Study: Native ads beat display for driving visits to physical stores
Apr 18, 2017 by Barry Levine
Sharethrough and Placed combined efforts to get some sense of how much mobile and desktop ads drove in-store traffic.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 4 Metrics to Track Impact of Content Marketing on Brand Awareness, Content Marketing Institute
- Instagram Analytics Guide: 28 Metrics, 11 Free Tools, and 4 Data-Driven Tips, The Buffer Blog
- Marketers Remain Challenged to Prove the ROI of Efforts, KoMarketing
- Why Real-Time Analytics Is No Longer a ‘Thing’, CMS Wire
Blogs & Blogging
- How Reporting Can Improve B2B Blog Performance, KoMarketing
- Snap’s anti-developer attitude is an augmented liability, TechCrunch
- Twitter is reviewing whether to store some user data in Russia, TechCrunch
- 2017 Content & Influencer Marketing Spending, Practices, Preferences, MarketingProfs
- Influential Content Speaks to the Head and the Heart, CMS Wire
- Landing Page Conversion and Content Benchmarks by Industry, MarketingProfs
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 7 Tips for Injecting Tighter Prose Into Marketing Materials, Jeff Bullas
- A Brief Overview On Responsive Navigation Patterns, Smashing Magazine
- How to Improve Your Website Navigation: 7 Essential Best Practices, Search Engine Journal
- Instagram Goes After Instagram.tv Domain Name, Domain Investing
- Pirate Bay founder launches piracy-friendly domain privacy service, Domain Incite
- Wal-Mart snags Shoes.com domain for $9M, Retail Dive
- 3 Ways Retailers Blend Ecommerce with Retail, Multichannel Merchant
- Amazon has patented an automated on-demand clothing factory, Quartz
- Are You Ready for Voice-Controlled Ecommerce?, CMS Wire
- Don’t Run an Anti-Customer Service Strategy in Ecommerce, Multichannel Merchant
- How to Promote Your Etsy Shop on Pinterest, Tailwind Blog
- Plugins to Create an eCommerce WordPress Website, WPExplorer
- The Rules for Creating Quality Ecommerce Content on Instagram, Shopify Plus
- A major university’s impressive email marketing playbook, My Emma Blog
- Email Attention Spans Are Increasing, Fueled by Mobile, Movable Ink Blog
- The Best Email Marketing Infographic You’ve Ever Seen, Social Media Explorer
- Three key findings from the 2017 Email Marketing Census, Econsultancy
General Internet Marketing
- “There is a middle ground”: What brands think of in-house content studios, Digiday
- 4 Ways Enterprises can Better Align their Sales and Marketing, MarTech Advisor
- Market To Generation Z Like A Boss With These 5 Steps, MediaKix
- May 2017 Marketing and Holiday Planning, Constant Contact Blogs
- Three reasons why brands should improve their cross-channel marketing, Econsultancy
Internet Marketing Industry
- Capitol Acquisition Corp. III to Combine with Cision, Cision
- Evergage Named a Top-Rated A/B Testing and Personalization Tool by Software Users on TrustRadius, Evergage
- HubSpot and Shakr Partner to Launch StoriesAds.com, HubSpot
- Intel Presents “The Future” with Jim Parsons in Global Business-to-Business Marketing Campaign, Intel Newsroom
- Maritz Motivation Solutions Partners with TPG to Deliver Mobile Receipt Capture to Loyalty Programs, PR Web
- Taptica Collects Instagram Partner Badge for Ad Tech, Taptica Blog
- Velocidi Renders Marketing Data Silos Obsolete with New Release of Intelligence Platform, PR Newswire
- Hacking your stack for account-based marketing, Chief Marketing Technologist
- Interview with Christopher S. Penn, Vice President, Marketing Technology at SHIFT Communications, MarTech Advisor
- The Washington Post cuts off ad tech vendors slowing its site, Digiday
- 5 High Performing SMS Marketing Strategies, The Hub
- How 7 Companies are Using Push Notifications to Boost Engagement, Kiss Metrics
- Mobile Digital Marketing at the Enterprise Level, Stone Temple
- Announcing New Alexa Skill Builder (Beta), a Tool for Creating Skills, Amazon Alexa Blogs
- Yahoo’s Mail app now works with any email address, VentureBeat
- Facebook Exclusionary Best Practices, 3Q Digital
- How to Create Ads in Instagram Stories: Your Guide to Instagram Stories Ads, Social Media Examiner
- How To Create The Perfect Social Media Post, Crazy Egg
- In France, Snapchat takes the lead in producing political content, Digiday
- Instagram on Android Now Has Offline Functionality, Adweek
- Jay Stampfl: Facebook Ads and How to Make Them Work for You, The AdStage Blog
- Workplace By Facebook Is Growing Up Quickly, With Several Updates Announced at F8, Adweek
- Facebook is improving the 360 video experience by predicting where you will look, TechCrunch
- Lowdown: These Brands Slipped Through YouTube’s Safety Check, AdAge
- What Make a Video Go Viral: A Comparison, MarketingProfs