Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- LEGO logic rocks marketing automation
Jul 28, 2017 by Mary Wallace
Overwhelmed by the big picture when tackling marketing automation? Contributor Mary Wallace explains how a popular toy has inspired a useful way of thinking about and deploying campaigns.
- How to tell whether a site is adaptive or responsive
Jul 28, 2017 by Bryson Meunier
Sometimes, it can be tricky to determine which mobile configuration a site is using. Thankfully, columnist Bryson Meunier shares several methods for discerning responsive and adaptive sites.
- Protecting your brand’s ads on Facebook — because there IS such a thing as bad publicity
Jul 28, 2017 by Laura Collins
Concerned about where your Facebook ads are appearing? Columnist Laura Collins discusses the issues surrounding brand safety on Facebook, along with some tips for organizations looking to protect themselves.
- The best ways to use social media for marketing your medical practice
Jul 28, 2017 by Will Scott
Looking to promote your medical practice through social media, but don’t know where to begin? Columnist Will Scott has some handy advice for marketers just starting out.
- Adobe updates Target with Sensei-powered enhancements
Jul 28, 2017 by Barry Levine
The new features utilize the recently-added AI layer to boost intelligence across the company’s A/B testing tool.
- Customer data platform Segment adds Looker Source to define audiences from multiple tools
Jul 28, 2017 by Barry Levine
Essentially, says the Segment CEO, the data switchboard is growing “a brain stem.”
- Twitter is testing a subscription-style ad program that costs $99 a month
Jul 28, 2017 by Tim Peterson
For a monthly fee, Twitter would promote up to 10 tweets a day in addition to running month-long Promoted Account ads.
- 5 Disruptions Reshaping Modern Marketing
Jul 27, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Marketing certainly isn’t what it used to be. Digital is now part of nearly every marketing channel, and technologies like virtual reality, artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things are being touted as the next best thing for delivering the ideal customer experience. As if this isn’t enough, there are more than 4,000 martech companies, […]
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 10 Mistakes You’re Making With Google Analytics, Entrepreneur
- Amazon.com Announces Second Quarter Sales up 25% to $38.0 Billion, Amazon
- i.am+ buys Wink, the smart home hub previously owned by Flextronics and Quirky, TechCrunch
- Indonesian Travel Startup Valued at $2 Billion After Expedia Deal, Bloomberg
- 8 Ways to Build Up Seed Money to Turn Your Blog into a Business, The Blog Herald
- Smart Finance Tips for Bloggers, The Blog Herald
- Despite earnings miss, Amazon is on ‘firm course to win’, Retail Dive
- Rent the Runway plans same-day delivery, Retail Dive
- Walmart’s ASDA launches gift card marketplace, Retail Dive
- Walmart, JD.com Team Up for 8.8 Shopping Day in China, multichannelmerchant.com
- Email showdown: West Elm vs. CB2, myemma.com
- Making Seasonal Business Work with Email, MailChimp
- Taking Email Template Design to the Next Level, AWeber Email Marketing
General Internet Marketing
- 10 Companies Using Machine Learning in Cool Ways, WordStream
- 9 Surefire Ways to Generate Massive Referral Traffic, Search Engine Journal
- 3 thoughts on Marketo’s domain outage this week, Chief Marketing Technologist
- Acquisio Adds New Board Member in David Lebow, MartechAdvisor
- Will Forcing Telecommuters Back to the Office Stimulate Creativity and Collaboration?, CMS Wire
- Openings and New Hires at Daily Voice, Near, Local SEO Guide, Street Fight
- Raise Report: New Funding for NewStore, Dynamic Yield, Convoy, Street Fight
- Search to Social Ads: How to Use Google With Facebook to Build Niche Audiences, Social Media Examiner
- Updates on Video Re-Shares, Facebook Newsroom
- How British Airways and Other Airlines Are Using Safety Videos to Fly High Online, tubularinsights.com
About The Author