Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Keys to Driving Webinar Registration and Attendance
Sep 8, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Are you getting enough people to register and attend your webinars? Webinars are one of the best tools marketers have to generate leads and drive pipeline. As webinars become a bigger part of our demand generation strategy, it is more important than ever to master the science of building your webinar audience.
- Storytelling for action: Why brands need to tell a complete story
Sep 8, 2017 by Peter Minnium
Are you putting meaning into the stories you tell? Contributor Peter Minnium explains why ads that capture the movement of a fully developed story are the ones that will compel the consumer to buy.
- Twitter brings Teams to its mobile apps for on-the-go account sharing
Sep 8, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Twitter’s account-sharing feature has only been available through TweetDeck’s desktop site — until now.
- Achieve big testing wins by analyzing results by device type
Sep 8, 2017 by Abraham Nord
Responsive design sites utilize the same HTML for users, regardless of device — but that doesn’t mean that all users are getting the same experience. Columnist Abraham Nord shares a case study in which segmenting results by device type provided insights that led to a significant conversion boost.
- Report: Only 1% of exchange location data useful for offline attribution
Sep 8, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Study also found that average accuracy of exchange-derived locations is “over 4 New York City blocks.”
- 4 easy ways to take social media marketing to the next level
Sep 8, 2017 by Dayle Hall
In an ever-changing social marketplace, how can brands can keep up? Columnist Dayle Hall shares four ways to help your brand unlock the power of social.
- Advertisers are ready to get ‘aggressive’ about enforcing Ads.txt adoption
Sep 8, 2017 by Tim Peterson
To accelerate publishers’ slow adoption of Ads.txt, advertisers are prepared to begin enforcing the anti-fraud initiative as soon as the fourth quarter.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Despite Censorship, Facebook Hunts for Office Space in China, eMarketer
- Facebook’s Russian Ads Disclosure Is Putting The Company Under Intense New Scrutiny, BuzzFeed
- How to Ensure Your Content Gets Views, CopyPressed
- The 4 Most Essential Qualities of Great Content Marketers, Search Engine Journal
- The Quick and Dirty Guide To Write Hypnotic Headlines, Search Engine People
- Amazon rebrands Shopbop, Retail Dive
- Boom or bust? Holiday predictions are a mixed bag, Retail Dive
- If You Can’t Beat Them, Join Them: Online Marketplaces, Multichannel Merchant
- A Step By Step Guide To Email Testing, Search Engine People
- Tips for Email Success in the Engagement Economy, Marketo
General Internet Marketing
- Ads Are Killing the Web: Are You Part of the Problem?, Content Marketing Institute
- GDPR: The Death Knell For Programmatic Advertising?, AdExchanger
- Optimizing the Marketing Operations (MO) Function, MarTech Advisor
Internet Marketing Industry
- Jivox Delivers the First Platform for Programmable Personalization, Integrating Creative, Data & Media Workflows Seamlessly, PR Web
- Lotame Appoints Eric Marterella as Chief Revenue Officer, Market Wired
- Supermetrics Helps Google Disrupt the BI Market, Business Insider
- Want to Be a Digital Leader? Harness This Crazy, Mashed-Up Technology World, CMS Wire
- What the Instagram Bug Bite Tells CTOs and Why CMOs Can’t Ignore It, MarTech Advisor
- How to make every mobile moment a brand-builder, Think with Google
- How To Sell On Facebook (Why A Deliberate Funnel Is Key), Ignite Visibility
- Pew: Two-thirds of Americans get news via social media, Mobile Marketer
- The Simple Way To Win New Business Using LinkedIn, Jeff Bullas
- Facebook Is Willing to Spend Big in Video Push, Wall Street Journal
- Vlogging Tips for Businesses on a Budget, CMS Wire
About The Author