Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Targeting featured snippet and ‘People also ask’ SERP features
Oct 2, 2017 by Marcus Miller
Wondering how to obtain the elusive “position zero” in Google search results? Columnist Marcus Miller discusses how to target answer boxes and related questions.
- USA Today Network’s VR ad studio head: We’ve shown there’s an audience for VR ads
Oct 2, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The in-house studio has been working with brands to develop VR and 360 branded content and with Nielsen to measure the impact of these new ad experiences.
- Gateway to success: How to prep your marketing campaign before the holiday season
Oct 2, 2017 by Tony Toubia
Get a head start on your holiday marketing. Contributor Tony Toubia outlines three strategies to ensure you’re prepared for a successful shopping season.
- Should marketing emails use a ‘no-reply’ email address?
Oct 2, 2017 by Ryan Phelan
Don’t send the wrong message to your customers. Columnist Ryan Phelan explains why using “do-not-reply” or “no-reply” in your email sending address is a bad idea.
- Here’s why GDPR can drive the attitude shift that modern marketing needs
Oct 2, 2017 by Barry Levine
After Equifax and countless other user data scandals, brands outside as well as inside the EU may be crossing their Rubicon.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 5 Steps to a Strong CX Metrics Program, CMS Wire
- B2B Dashboards Matrix: Part of your Journey, not Destination, MarTech Advisor
- Twitter Ad Revenue Slumps: 10 Features That Could Reverse The Trend, aimClear Blog
- eMarketer Lowers Snapchat’s Ad Revenue Forecast for 2017, eMarketer
- Pinterest Discovers Its Niche In The “Early Planning” Stage, AdExchanger
- 13 Experts Share How to Build a Well-Run Content Team, Content Marketing Institute
- 2018 B2B Content Marketing Report, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- Here’s How Much Your Content Marketing Goals Matter, Convince and Convert
- 10 Examples of Outstanding Omni-channel Brands, Shopify Plus
- Can automation help retailers fend off the threat of Amazon?, Digiday
- Online hijacking threatens retailers’ holiday plans, Retail Dive
General Internet Marketing
- Effective Instagram Influencers: Micro- vs. Macro-Influencers, MarketingProfs
- Google: Yes, we blew it. But we cannot clean up digital ads alone, Business Insider
- The global state of ad fraud in 4 charts, Digiday
Internet Marketing Industry
- Call for speakers for MarTech West in San Jose, April 23-25, Chief Marketing Technologist
- Demystifying the DMP, MarTech Advisor
- When Machine Learning Benefits Employees and Customers Alike, CMS Wire
- Forrester: In-store mobile use drives confidence for shoppers, Mobile Marketer
- Study: Shoppers wary of connected devices, Retail Dive
- Influencers Post 2x More On Instagram Stories vs. Snapchat, MediaKix
- Instagram Advertising: Costs, Trends, Demographics, MarketingProfs
- Is UK Millennials’ Dominance of Social Media Fading?, eMarketer
- Ooyala’s Video Index: Consumers spend more time with long content on all devices, Ooyala
- Pivot to pennies: Facebook’s key video ad program isn’t delivering much money to publishers, Digiday
- Why marketers should tune into YouTube’s in-app sharing feature, Mobile Marketer
About The Author