Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- The top 10 YouTube ads in May earned a total 115M views, 87M belonged to Clash of Clans
Jun 9, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
The video game ranked No. 1 last month with 87.7 million views, while the No. 2 ad from Heineken generated a meager 6.5 million in comparison.
- Voice search becomes voice action: A key talking point at SMX London
Jun 9, 2017 by Andreas Reiffen
Columnist Andreas Reiffen recaps a session from SMX London that focused on the future of voice search — and what search marketers must do to prepare.
- What’s in a name? MMM, multi-touch attribution and cross-channel attribution compared
Jun 9, 2017 by Alison Lohse
Attribution invokes a ton of buzzwords, and navigating them can be tricky. Columnist Alison Lohse walks you through the differences between marketing mix modeling, multi-touch attribution, and cross-channel attribution.
- What you need to know about Referrer Policy
Jun 9, 2017 by Patrick Stox
Seeing some confusing referrer data in your analytics program? It might be the result of an issue with ‘noreferrer.’ Columnist Patrick Stox explains Referrer Policy, which lets webmasters define the value of the referrer header in outbound links.
- CMO audit series, Part 3: Media channels (it’s not what you think)
Jun 9, 2017 by Scott Rayden
In part 3 of a series, columnist Scott Rayden takes a look at how ad tech has changed the game for our industry and outlines three core areas that will impact your ability to drive long-term growth from media channels.
- Sharethrough’s latest SSP update aims to dramatically simplify ad ops for publishers
Jun 9, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
New Unified Auction features give publishers a view of all demand sources and make optimizations possible within the interface.
- Why notifications deliver great CX
Jun 9, 2017 by Brent Sleeper
Notifications are crucial for building trust and driving user engagement. Contributor Brent Sleeper explains why apps and services should be thinking about how customers experience notifications from the start.
- Report: Facebook’s Instant Articles faster than AMP, both formats boost user engagement
Jun 9, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Users spend 35 percent more time with AMP content than mobile web pages.
- AdColony launches a new interactive mobile video format
Jun 9, 2017 by Barry Levine
Called Aurora, it offers in-video interactivity, 360-degree video, haptic rumbles, no buffering HD and high-end graphics.
- Brandwatch adds a Reddit ‘mini-firehose’ to its social data
Jun 9, 2017 by Barry Levine
The social intelligence firm is now sifting the raw feedback of the web’s most opinionated community.
- Blueshift’s AI helps platform focus on individuals and continuous journeys
Jun 9, 2017 by Barry Levine
The personalization platform is employing its AI to better respond to specific customers and would-be customers.
- 9 pitfalls to scaling content and how to avoid them
Jun 8, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
As more companies start to see the value of content marketing, the pressure is on to scale up production and keep up with your competition. Marketers who started with writing product descriptions are now asked to produce daily blog posts and weekly videos.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- ‘The one to watch’: Amazon is set to turn the duopoly into a troika, Digiday
- Facebook will lease its first San Francisco office, for Instagram, TechCrunch
- Tech CEOs Cook, Bezos, Catz Said to Attend Kushner-Led Summit, Bloomberg
- Yahoo SVP Adam Cahan to exit after Verizon acquisition closes, TechCrunch
- 5 Content Marketing Ideas for July 2017, Practical Ecommerce
- 6 Ways to Break the Content Deadlock in Personalization, CMS Wire
- Gated Content VS Ungated Content, Heidi Cohen
- Report: On-Site Content Marketing Yields Highest ROI for Online Marketers, KoMarketing
- Top 20 Content Marketers You Need to Follow Today, Small Biz Trends
- 5 Marketing Automation Tools to Increase Lead Conversions, Duct Tape Marketing
- Using The ‘Pair-Up’ Strategy To Increase Online Conversions, Search Engine People
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- How to Create Your First WordPress Page and Post, WPExplorer
- What Kind of Copywriting Appeals to Millennials?, CopyPressed
- 3 Essential Solutions for Your E-Commerce Marketing Stack, MarketingProfs
- 32% of shoppers have Amazon credit cards, Retail Dive
- 700 million mobile users: Why Amazon is so unbelievably successful, TUNE
- Growth in Cross-Border, Mobile Cited in Ecommerce Report, Multichannel Merchant
- Email Secrets Of The Masterminds Behind The Most Popular Newsletters, Fast Company
- How to Send the Perfect Father’s Day Email, Constant Contact Blog
- The 3 Most Effective Ways to Grow Your Email List, Contently
General Internet Marketing
- Analyzing Mark Zuckerberg’s commitment to visit middle America as a marketing campaign, Quartz
- In-house agency versus on-site agency: Weighing the pros and cons, Econsultancy
- Study: 25% of Americans Stopped Buying Because of Politics, AdAge
Internet Marketing Industry
- Introducing AppodealX, the New Appodeal Ad Exchange, Appodeal
- Tapad Board Appoints Sigvart Voss Eriksen as New CEO, PR Newswire
- The New AppsFlyer Mobile App: Setting A New Standard For Mobile Measurement, AppsFlyer
- Advertisers Need To Be Upfront About Mobile-Based Tracking, AdExchanger
- Study: 80% of shoppers want to use connected devices for purchases, Mobile Marketer
- Is Your Brand Really Who It Says It Is?, Content Marketing Institute
- Gathering More Top-Quality Twitter Followers, Compukol
- Here’s What Breakthrough Brands Do Differently, Facebook for Business
- How publishers use emotion to promote content on Facebook, Digiday
- How the Human Need for Approval Drives Social Marketing Strategies, Adweek
- Snapchat vs. Instagram: What marketers need to know, Digiday
- Spoiler Alert: Millennials Can’t Get Enough of Social Media, eMarketer
- Study Finds That Brand Takeovers Are the Most Effective Way to Advertise on Social Media, Adweek
- Why (And How) to Buy Twitter Followers, Search Engine Journal
- Facebook Video Retargeting for Live Video and Beyond, Social Media Examiner
- How serious is Apple about VR?, The Verge
- Is Facebook Expanding Its Test of Video Cover Images for Pages?, Adweek
About The Author