Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- After 4 months & 125M+ pages indexed, where are we with AMP?
Oct 12, 2016 by Kristi Kellogg
Contributor Kristi Kellogg recaps a session from SMX East 2016 in which Google, Condé Nast and Vox Media share successes and challenges with Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP).
- How Facebook is dealing with ads overcrowding the News Feed, explained in 42 seconds
Oct 12, 2016 by Tim Peterson
As the ratio of ads to posts in people’s news feeds maxes out, Facebook is diverting those ads to more places, like Instagram, its ad network and Groups.
- Rethinking today’s attribution problem in digital marketing
Oct 12, 2016 by Christi Olson
Proper attribution modeling is one of the biggest challenges facing marketers today. Columnist Christi Olson discusses the common gaps in attribution and some ideas for thinking more holistically about your digital marketing campaigns.
From Around The Web:
- Predictive Analytics Can Help Get More Value out of Data, www.emarketer.com
- Versium-Microsoft Partnership Brings Automated Predictive Targeting to Dynamics 365, www.cmswire.com
- Facebook hires The Sims’ Rachel Rubin Franklin to lead Social VR team, techcrunch.com
- Google and Facebook partner on PLCN submarine cable between Los Angeles and Hong Kong, VentureBeat
- How Adobe Is Bringing Machine Learning to A/B Testing For Better CX, www.cmswire.com
- WordPress Post Formats Guide: All You Need to Know, www.wpexplorer.com
- Mic and Tubular Labs Announce Partnership, Business Wire
- LiveRamp Announces IdentityLink to Power People-Based Marketing for Brands, www.martechadvisor.com
- ‘Ad tech companies need to do more’: One ad tech executive on tech and creativity, digiday.com
- Is All This Technology Making You Less Productive?, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Why Local Marketing Tech Is Strongly Influencing 2016’s Furious M&A Activity, Street Fight
- Facebook, Twitter cut off data access for Geofeedia, a social media surveillance startup, techcrunch.com