Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Your account structure might be hurting performance. Here’s why (and how to fix it)
Aug 31, 2017 by Matt Lawson
Oversegmentation is often the enemy of automation. Columnist and Googler Matt Lawson talks about how a fussy account structure can tank AdWords performance.
- Why real-time attribution is (mostly) irrelevant, and what to do instead
Aug 31, 2017 by Alison Lohse
To get the most out of your marketing attribution, contributor Alison Lohse believes right-time insights are far more important than real-time data.
- Lookalike modeling breathing new life into old channels
Aug 31, 2017 by Jordan Elkind
Columnist Jordan Elkind explains how a mainstay of the ad tech industry is opening up new possibilities for online and offline targeting.
- Google says we don’t need no stinking location modifiers… or do we?
Aug 31, 2017 by Andrew Shotland
Google recently stated that users are beginning to drop location qualifiers when searching for local businesses. But is it time for local SEOs to stop focusing on these terms? Columnist Andrew Shotland discusses.
- Google launches AdSense User First beta to test if fewer ads & better targeting can make more money for publishers
Aug 31, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The beta is aimed at publishers who prioritize user experience.
- 3 reasons I deleted your cold outreach email
Aug 31, 2017 by Andrea Lehr
Are your cold emails ending up in the junk folder or trash? Contributor Andrea Lehr shares three common mistakes people make when writing cold emails and how you can avoid them.
- Lithium adds Jive-x tech to its customer community platform
Aug 31, 2017 by Barry Levine
The acquisition boosts Lithium’s customer communities in document management, event management and additional client companies.
- Fuze CMO: A single source of truth for customer data ‘collapses under its own weight’
Aug 31, 2017 by Barry Levine
The former CMO of Eloqua, Brian Kardon, likes silos of data — as long as they have porous walls and are connected by unique identifiers.
- Buying a pre-owned domain? Check these 10 things first
Aug 30, 2017 by Stephanie LeVonne
Purchasing a previously owned domain can be risky, but columnist Stephanie LeVonne has some tips to help you vet the domain and ensure a smooth site migration.
- Survey: More consumers seeking to buy directly from brands vs. retailers
Aug 30, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Survey of 1,000 US adults contains lots of findings and implied recommendations for both brands and traditional retailers.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Apple Confirms Sept. 12 Product Launch At New Headquarters, Wall Street Journal
- Instagram Says Hackers Obtained ‘High-Profile’ Users’ Email Addresses, Phone Numbers, Variety
- 10 Incredibly Useful Video Tools for Content Marketers, Convince and Convert
- How to Create an Enterprise Content Marketing Platform, Content Marketing Institute
- The Future of Content: Collaborating in the New Content Ecosystem, CMS Wire
- 5 Ways Brick-and-mortar Retailers Can Get Started in Ecommerce, Practical Ecommerce
- Defining a Digital Commerce Strategy to Win: 4 Questions Every Brand Should Ask, Get Elastic
- Top Three In-Demand eCommerce Skills, MarTech Advisor
- Smart list management for savvy retailers, VerticalResponse
- Whats so Wrong with Email? 4 Glaring Email Issues to Inspire a Revolution, MarTech Advisor
- Your Ultimate Guide to Black Friday Email Inspiration, Movable Ink Blog
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Steps for Promoting Influencer Programs with Digital Advertising, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- Digital ad concerns have an unlikely winner: emerging markets, Digiday
- Signs Your Digital Strategy Is Broken (and How to Fix It), CMS Wire
Internet Marketing Industry
- Drawbridge & Retargetly Bring Cross-Device Identity to Latin American Markets, WebWire
- SnapApp Joins Marketo Accelerate to Enable B2B Marketers to Better Engage Audiences Through Interactive Experiences, SnapApp
- XumaK Launches Product Business, Open Sources Foundation Technology, Market Wired
- Venkat Nagaswamy, CEO at MarianaIQ talks Martech Skills, MarTech Advisor
- Google brings stickers and Bitmoji support to its Gboard for Android, TechCrunch
- Micro-Influencer Marketing: How to Run a Successful Campaign in 5 Steps, The Buffer Blog
- Facebook & Instagram Ads: Complete Guide to Targeting Options, MarketingProfs
- How brand marketers hitched a ride on the solar eclipse in social media marketing, MarketingSherpa Blog
- How to Build a Vibrant Community on Twitter, Marketo
- How YouTube perfected the feed, The Verge
- The power of video in email marketing, MarTech Advisor
- What’s driving the publisher pivot to video, in 5 charts (hint: ad $$$), Digiday
About The Author