Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Consumers over bots: Why site crawlers don’t hold all the answers
Jul 13, 2017 by David Freeman
Site crawlers are valuable tools in the SEO toolbox, but columnist David Freeman warns that search marketers should not use them as a replacement for manual analysis.
- SEM growth hack #4: Grow ROI with cross-channel optimization
Jul 13, 2017 by Lori Weiman
Columnist Lori Weiman explains how a holistic, cross-channel strategy can help search marketers direct their efforts towards the channel where they will have the greatest impact.
- Rented media: When paid and owned media combine
Jul 13, 2017 by Victor Wong
As the lines between martech and ad tech continue to blur, owned media and paid media are intersecting. Contributor Victor Wong points to social, email and web presence channels as highlighting the trend.
- Custom, dynamic email is giving marketers and readers what they want: hyper-personalized messages
Jul 13, 2017 by Scott Heimes
How do we reach hyper-personalization? Columnist Scott Heimes believes building an email-based app, along with great content and timing, is key to earning email readers’ loyalty.
- YouTube ad views drop in June with No. 1 #MoreThanARefugee at 16M views
Jul 13, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
In May, the top spot from Clash of Clans generated more than 87 million views.
- LinkedIn starts letting people natively upload videos that play automatically
Jul 13, 2017 by Tim Peterson
In addition to letting some users upload videos, LinkedIn will share viewership stats, including information about viewers’ companies and job titles.
- SMX East agenda is now live! Check out the SEO & SEM sessions in store for you.
Jul 13, 2017 by Marketing Land
Feed your obsession for SEO & SEM with actionable and proven tactics by attending Search Engine Land’s SMX East, October 24-26 in New York City. The agenda is packed with 50+ sessions and led by search marketing experts in paid search advertising, search engine optimization, conversion and analytics, social media and much more.
- How to ask survey questions of liars and pretenders
Jul 13, 2017 by Brian Massey
It’s easy enough to use a survey to test out a website or campaign, but how do you know if the answers you get are truthful? Columnist Brian Massey helps you weed out the pretenders among your participants.
- Google wins French court decision, won’t have to pay $1.3 billion in back taxes
Jul 13, 2017 by Greg Sterling
It’s a big win, but the French government has vowed to appeal the decision.
- CommuteStream now offers native ads for dozens of transit apps around the US
Jul 13, 2017 by Barry Levine
The Chicago-based company, which says it is the only one specializing in ads for these kinds of apps, is expanding its markets and going beyond banners.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Improve Your Facebook Ads Performance with Insights from Facebook Analytics, Metric Theory
- Wider In-App Analytics Coverage With Flurry Analytics, Appfigures
- Facebook Plans to Unveil a $200 Wireless Oculus VR Headset for 2018, Bloomberg
- Google Earth to let users post stories, photos in coming years, Reuters
- Mark Zuckerberg Hits the Road to Meet Regular Folks – With a Few Conditions, Wall Street Journal
- How to Use Customer Research to Get Better Results from Your Content Marketing Program, Crazy Egg
- Native ads gain as advertisers seek brand safety away from programmatic, Econsultancy
- Provocative Content: How Far Is Too Far?, CopyPressed
- Eight inspiring examples of shoppable digital content, Econsultancy
- Static Site Generators an Option for Ecommerce Blogs, Content, Practical Ecommerce
- The Basics of Back-End Integration for Your Ecommerce Site, Multichannel Merchant
- 7 Ways to Boost Engagement in Your Holiday Emails, Movable Ink Blog
- Top Tips for Optimizing Email Campaign Performance, MarTech Advisor
General Internet Marketing
- Accidental Ad-Blocking: The Brand-Safety Snag that Advertisers Can Fix, Street Fight
- Anatomy of a CMO: What Makes a Successful CMO?, NGDATA
- Dynamic Creative And The Rise Of The Automated Brand, AdExchanger
Internet Marketing Industry
- Gravyty Launches First Draft – The First Artificial Intelligence Self-Writing Email Drafter, Gravyty
- Michael Hahn Named Senior Vice President and General Counsel of IAB & IAB Tech Lab, Business Wire
- OneSpot Expands Breadth of Major Email Service Provider Integrations, Marketing Cloud Solutions, PR Newswire
- 5 Marketing Trends & the Tech Making Them Work, Marketo
- AI Age Career Advice: Behavioral Science!, Media Post
- When MarTech and AdTech Converge, the Customer Wins, CMS Wire
- Brightcove Introduces Jump Start for Echo Show to Accelerate New Video Skills across Amazon Echo Devices, Brightcove
- Mobile app or mobile site – which is better for your brand?, Mobile Marketer
- Move over TV: Why Mobile is Best for Sensory Marketing, MarTech Advisor
- 4 Simple Tips to Get Traffic From Instagram to Your Website, Search Engine Journal
- Facebook Pixel Troubleshooting Tips, PPC Hero
- How to Create Effective LinkedIn Ads for Business, Convince and Convert
- Ad Tech And Digital Video Demand Growing Together, AdExchanger
- America’s top YouTube ad audiences by state, Strike Social
- Why video ad fraud remains a persistent problem for ad buyers, Digiday
About The Author