Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- The value of an in-house SEO
Jun 30, 2017 by Eugene Feygin
Does your business really need an in-house search professional? Columnist Eugene Feygin explains what an in-house SEO can bring to the table, and why it’s worth the investment for many organizations.
- Featured snippets: Optimization tips & how to ID candidate snippets
Jun 30, 2017 by Brian Ussery
Contributor Brian Ussery breaks down featured snippets, explaining his observations and offering tips for pursuing the coveted “position zero.”
- 2017: The year in social marketing so far
Jun 30, 2017 by Tim Peterson
From Snap’s IPO to Facebook’s ad breaks to Instagram’s Stories, here are 2017’s biggest stories in social so far.
- Facebook targets individual spammers with latest news feed tweak
Jun 30, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook has identified a small group of spammers and will penalize links that those accounts share more than the average Facebook user.
- No longer brick-and-mortar vs. online retail: Customers view a ‘single lens’
Jun 30, 2017 by Allan Haims
Despite the ease of online shopping, consumers still crave the tactile experience of physical stores. Columnist Allan Haims explains how retailers can unify their channel strategies and take a best-of-both-worlds approach.
- How Life is Good built a content-first app with an 89% retention rate
Jun 30, 2017 by Blaise Lucey
Columnist Blaise Lucey takes a look at how lifestyle brand Life is Good developed an app that focuses on content, not just sales — and why it keeps users coming back for more.
- Snaps launches a Marketing Cloud for chatbots, messaging and emojis
Jun 30, 2017 by Barry Levine
New York City-based company is offering a self-service platform so marketers can target users with automated conversations.
- LISTEN: Danny Sullivan reflects on 21 years covering the search industry
Jun 29, 2017 by Matt McGee
In this week’s podcast, our outgoing co-founder Danny Sullivan talks about the beginnings of his career documenting the search marketing industry, how SEO has evolved and why he’s stepping away now.
- Voice search and SEO: Why B2B marketers need to pay attention now
Jun 29, 2017 by Nate Dame
Voice search is being adopted for a variety of purposes, and columnist Nate Dame makes the case that its influence on B2B decision-makers is growing as well. B2B marketers, be prepared!
- Surviving and thriving at an SEO conference
Jun 29, 2017 by Dave Davies
Hitting the search conference circuit this year? Columnist Dave Davies has tips and advice for making the most of the experience.
- Calling all B2B sellers and marketers: Business as usual is holding you back
Jun 29, 2017 by Sonjoy Ganguly
Are you clinging to outdated marketing approaches and technologies? Columnist Sonjoy Ganguly says it’s time to shake things up and unlock ABM’s potential.
- Force-feed your marketing funnel now
Jun 29, 2017 by John Steinert
Contributor John Steinert explains how SiriusDecisions’ Demand Unit Waterfall serves as a wake-up call for marketers who are looking to find real, active demand in their markets and rapidly funnel it to sales.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Can Benchmarking Your Ad Spend Change How You Calculate Your Social ROI?, Socialbakers
- Facebook Metrics: New Ways to Measure Ad and Page Engagement, Jon Loomer Digital
- Aquila’s successful second flight: Another step forward in bringing the world closer together, Facebook Code
- Germany to fine Facebook and YouTube €50m if they fail to delete hate speech, Telegraph
- Google’s New Diversity Chief to Tackle Slow Pace of Change, Wall Street Journal
- Content Marketers: What’s Happening in Hiring, Content Marketing Institute
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Google no longer bolding keywords in domain names, Domain Name Wire
- Should businesses use a brandable name or a descriptive one?, Domain Name Wire
- ‘Disturbingly slow’ e-commerce site load times turning away shoppers, Retail Dive
- Nike-Amazon deal may hurt sporting goods retailers: analysts, Reuters
- 5 Tips for Your Next Email Blast, Constant Contact
- Creative Ways to Make your 4th of July Email Campaign Stand Out, MarTech Advisor
- The One Email You Should Always Be Sending – No Matter What, AWeber Communications
General Internet Marketing
- Get The Benefits of a Remote Digital Marketing Team: Follow These 5 Steps, Small Biz Trends
- In Defense Of Digital Media, AdExchanger
- Marketing 101: What is a hamburger menu?, MarketingSherpa Blog
- Six inconvenient truths about influencer marketing, Econsultancy
- The Definitive Guide to Data-Driven Marketing, Duct Tape Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- AppLift’s Newest Fraud Report Reveals Global Mobile Programmatic Fraud Distribution Patterns, Market Wired
- Mobile Advertising Leader Kargo Names Adam Irlando VP, Programmatic, Kargo
- Expanding Find Wi-Fi Globally, Facebook Newsroom
- 5 Social Media Campaign Tips to Fire up Your July 4th Outreach, MarTech Advisor
- 8 Stats That Snapchat’s Ad Sales Team Is Using to Woo Car Brands, Adweek
- Context Controls and 28 Other Marketing Highlights from June, Facebook for Business
- Creative Impact Analysis and Optimization for Instagram, Adweek
- Dear Mark Zuckerberg: If you want to build community, open your Facebook Groups API, VentureBeat
- Facebooks ads: How SMBs can get enterprise results, VentureBeat
- Growing Your Practice on Facebook, Part 6: A Facebook Success Story, Search Influence
- Instagram is replacing LinkedIn as a potent hiring tool, Quartz
- Instagram: Here’s How to Save Posts From Your Instagram Stories, Adweek
- Is Instagram The New Yelp? Restaurant Marketing Meet Social, MediaKix
- Is Reddit on the verge of becoming a bigger player in digital advertising?, Econsultancy
- Snapchat expands Discover in France with Vogue, MTV and Society, Digiday
- Top 10 Powerful Moments That Shaped Social Media History Over the Last 20 Years #SMDay, The Buffer Blog
- Twitter inks live stream deals for Wimbledon, Comic-Con coverage, and more, TechCrunch
- Twitter is looking for ways to let users flag fake news, offensive content, The Washington Post
- Which Social Media Network is Right for Your Business?, Constant Contact
- Amazon’s new video device, Echo Show, is getting publisher attention, Digiday
- Cross-Channel Video Analytics from Simply Measured, Simply Measured
- Forrester: 94% of 18 to 29-year-olds stream content online, Mobile Marketer
- Why mobile video ads must work fast, Mobile Marketer
- YouTube & Facebook Reach New Milestones, Ignite Visibility
About The Author