Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Technology (Marketing + Operations) = Time to reorganize the marketing department?
Aug 7, 2017 by Scott Brinker
If you’ve worked in marketing for longer than six months, chances are you’ve seen how technology changes the way we do things. And at an increasingly rapid pace. I’m not talking about updates to social media feed algorithms, or new search advertising options, or the improvements in email automation.
- The 4 Ps of SEO & digital marketing
Aug 7, 2017 by Marcus Miller
Great SEO does not exist in a bubble, but is part of a broader marketing framework. Columnist Marcus Miller explains how an awareness and understanding of this framework can improve SEO performance.
- How to effectively segment accounts with multiple locations
Aug 7, 2017 by Matt Umbro
What’s the best account structure for multilocation business advertisers? Columnist Matt Umbro shares some setups that allow you to easily view performance by location for efficient management and reporting.
- Affiliate is more than a platform
Aug 7, 2017 by Adam Weiss
Columnist Adam Weiss says an affiliate program should be more than just the platform behind it. You need to have a solid team that has access to scalable technology and data that can deliver cross-channel insights.
- Facebook extends dynamic ad retargeting to real estate listings
Aug 7, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook’s Dynamic Ads for Real Estate can promote a home’s price, availability and bedroom count to people who had browsed a realtor’s site or app.
- Adbrain ups the ante on cross-device identity
Aug 7, 2017 by Barry Levine
By letting its machine learning define its own models, the firm says it is the first to determine such dimensions as which devices are shared.
- What’s next (and now) for mobile attribution
Aug 7, 2017 by Shani Rosenfelder
Contributor Shani Rosenfelder takes a look at how mobile attribution is evolving and the trends and best practices that will shape it going forward.
- Snapchat launches Advanced Mode for its self-serve Ads Manager
Aug 7, 2017 by Greg Finn
Similar to Facebook’s Power Editor, Snapchat has added powerful new advertising capability to Ad Manager.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How to Get Started With Facebook Analytics, Social Media Examiner
- The Art of Storytelling Meets the Science of Data Analysis, eMarketer
- Amazon owns a whole collection of secret brands, Quartz
- Google on Anti-Diversity Manifesto: Employees Must ‘Feel Safe Sharing Their Opinions’, Motherboard
- Inside Mozilla: Firefox fights back, CNET
- 3 Content Things to Do for Employee Brand Ambassadors, Content Marketing Institute
- Comedy Pro Reveals How to Bring Funny to Content, Content Marketing Institute
- What Types of Marketing Content Influence B2B Purchasing, MarketingProfs
- 10 Great Ecommerce Ideas for August 2017, Practical Ecommerce
- Product Information Management (PIM) for Ecommerce, Shopify Plus
- The state of luxury e-commerce in China, Digiday
- Get Started With Email Marketing: 10 Things You Need to Do First, Constant Contact Blog
- How to use email marketing to sell tickets, Emma Email Marketing Blog
General Internet Marketing
- The Five Principles Of Modern Marketing, AdExchanger
- The Key to Taking Marketing Risks Without Being Too Risky, MarketingProfs
- Where to Find the Next Great Addition to Your Marketing Team, Convince and Convert
Internet Marketing Industry
- The Grand View of Martech: A Martech Manifesto, chiefmartec.com
- This online retailer uses AI for product categorisation – here’s how, Econsultancy
- 5 Ways Retail Brands Are Using Mobile Tech to Assist In-Store Shoppers, Street Fight
- Here Is Why Mobile Web Speed Is Critical For Your Marketing ROI, MarTech Advisor
- YouTube adds mobile chat, because Google doesn’t have enough messaging apps, VentureBeat
- A Comprehensive Snapchat Ad Targeting Guide, MarketingProfs
- Facebook Stories Enhancements: Public and Desktop, Social Media Examiner
- Measuring your Christmas Campaign with Facebook Director of Marketing Science Kathy Dykeman, Facebook for Business
- 10 Ways Your Business Can Use the New Facebook Cover Video Feature, Small Biz Trends
- Introducing a new way to share YouTube videos, Official YouTube Blog
- Video Marketing: When to Say Yes and When to Say No, Clix Marketing PPC Blog
About The Author