Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Why e-commerce SEO is NOT a one-shot wonder
May 5, 2017 by Trond Lyngbø
Columnist Trond Lyngbø explains that SEO is an ongoing process that requires continuous investment — not a one-time task to be checked off a list.
- YouTube quietly pauses search ads to implement brand safety measures
May 5, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The video ad format could be offline through the end of Q2 2017.
- Don’t underestimate the power of advanced filtering when analyzing crawl data
May 5, 2017 by Glenn Gabe
Columnist Glenn Gabe shares various ways of filtering crawl data to obtain actionable insights.
- YouTube unveils its new lineup of original programming
May 5, 2017 by Barry Levine
With more 18- to 49-year-old visitors during prime time ‘than any TV network,’ the platform is continuing its move beyond user-generated content.
- Google’s rocky road: Fake news, extremist videos & bad search results [Podcast]
May 5, 2017 by Matt McGee
In this week’s podcast, we discuss Google’s efforts to combat hyperpartisan and extremist content, fake news and misinformation on YouTube and in its search results.
- 5 steps to success for low-conversion-volume accounts in AdWords
May 5, 2017 by Anna Shirley
You may be stressing over how to make improvements to your paid search campaigns when data is scarce, but columnist Anna Shirley shows how a low-volume account can be a great opportunity to be more creative and inventive.
- Ladders VP of Marketing says working on something meaningful lends purpose to her life
May 5, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Get to Know Stephanie Chan, Vice President of Marketing at The Ladders
- LiveRamp’s IdentityLink acts as centerpiece for new identity consortium
May 5, 2017 by Barry Levine
The consortium is based around a common cookie for its members, to simplify the task of matching cookies to identities.
- Acxiom adds interest-based ShareThis data to its arsenal
May 5, 2017 by Barry Levine
New partnership extends the existing relationship between ShareThis and Acxiom’s LiveRamp to the parent company.
- Dynamic video will convert the last digital skeptics
May 5, 2017 by Joe Sabol
Contributor Joe Sabol believes marketers need to stop worrying that data will ruin the creative process for video. It’s time to learn to love data-driven creative.
- The other side of brick-and-mortar retail: Survival of the fittest
May 5, 2017 by Allan Haims
As the battle between online and in-store shopping ramps up, columnist Allan Haims explains what brick-and-mortar retailers can do to innovate and come out on top.
- The Account-Based Marketing Guide for Modern Marketers
May 4, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
As a B2B Marketer, you spend a lot of your time coming up with new ways to reach the right prospect, at the right time, with the right message. Account-Based Marketing (ABM) is a tried-and-true strategy to help you do all three.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- EBay’s First Diversity Chief On How To Make Inclusion Matter To Everyone, Fast Company
- Mark Zuckerberg Is Still in No Hurry to Monetize Facebook Messenger, Adweek
- 6 Audio Content Marketing Tips, CopyPressed
- How a Link Outreach Campaign Boosts the Value of Your Content, Search Engine Journal
- How to Define a Content Amplification Process, CanIRank Blog
- The Real Work on Your Content Begins After It’s Published: Optimizing Performance, MarketingProfs
- Your Editorial Calendar is Not Your Content Marketing Strategy, Content Marketing Institute
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- WordPress 4.8 Release Targeted for June, WordPress Tavern
- And the Most Biased New TLD Is…, Domain Name Wire
- Is Startup sentiment changing with regards to .com ?, The Domains
- Optimizing YouTube For E-commerce In 2017, Search Engine People
- Signs an Ecommerce Site Clearly Doesn’t Want Your Business, CMS Wire
- 7 Free Resources to Get Better Email Marketing Results, Constant Contact Blogs
- 7 of the Best Email Marketing Campaigns of 2016, Marketo
- How to Use Segmentation for Automated Welcome Emails, AWeber Communications
- Target last opens or clicks – your hottest customers, Reach Mail
General Internet Marketing
- 7 Digital Marketing Tactics to Leverage Your Business, Search Influence
- Consumers Don’t Like and Don’t Trust Digital Advertising, Adweek
- What We Learned About Lead Validation by Analyzing 373K Site Inquiries, WordStream
- When a bargain’s not a bargain: the FTC warns against deceptive ads, 3Q Digital
Internet Marketing Industry
- Skimlinks’ Content-to-Commerce Monetization Platform Drove Nearly $1 Billion in Transactions in 2016, Business Wire
- SP Marketplace Releases SP Marketing Portal for Office 365, SP Marketplace
- White Ops and Accenture Interactive Examine Level of Belgian Advertising Fraud in New UBA Study, Business Wire
- 24 billion clicks show mobile ad fraud is rampant, VentureBeat
- Snap’s Branded Storytelling A Bold Strategy For Mobile Advertisers, AdExchanger
- Why today’s mobile marketers must build an app+ strategy to be successful, Tune
- Exclusive: This is Amazon’s new Echo with a built-in touchscreen, AFTVnews
- Yahoo Releases Biannual Transparency Report Update, Yahoo Policy
- 4 Instagram Marketing Ideas to Boost the Success of Your Instagram Feed, Search Engine Journal
- A Snapchat patent application would map the world in an augmented reality database, The Verge
- Business publishers are enjoying traffic spikes from LinkedIn, Digiday
- Facebook Bows Out of Bidding War for Big-Time Sports For Now, AdAge
- Facebook deflates filter bubbles by letting you follow topics, not just Pages, TechCrunch
- Instagram CEO Kevin Systrom is not very good at Instagram – and that’s why he’s good at his job, Quartz
- My 15 Facebook Ad Campaigns, Jon Loomer Digital
- What SMBs Need to Know About Social Before Diving In, Social Media Explorer
- Avoid These Rookie Live Video Marketing Mistakes, CMS Wire
- Marketers Sound Off as Facebook Closes Oculus Story Studio, AdAge
- Pre-Roll Ad Lengths for Short-Form Videos, MarketingProfs
- Snapchat and Facebook Live Will Be in NBC Sports’ Stable for the Kentucky Derby, Adweek
About The Author